Reported by GamesIndustry.biz, almost half of Hitman 3’s physical sales in the UK have been on PS5 alone, accounting for 49% altogether. Based on figures so far, the next bestselling console platform has been Xbox with 27% and PS4 with around 25% of sales. This should be taken with a pinch of salt however, since these figures don’t include digital sales, which are bound to make up the majority of Hitman 3’s units sold. All of this is no surprise, since IO Interactive themselves reported that the new stealth title is Hitman’s biggest launch in franchise history.
HITMAN 3 has arrived!
And it's the biggest digital launch in franchise history. pic.twitter.com/7j8rDkEhAa
— IO Interactive (@IOInteractive) January 22, 2021
IO Interactive’s conclusion to the widely popular World of Assassination Trilogy, Hitman 3 has unseated Animal Crossing: New Horizons, after Nintendo’s cosy life management sim enjoyed the no.1 spot for three weeks running. With a difference of only 800 units between the two though, the placeholder for the no.1 position in the charts could easily change in the coming weeks.
From GfK, here’s the Top Ten for physical gaming titles in the UK until the 23rd of January:
- Hitman 3
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Last week – #2)
- Mario Kart 8: Deluxe (Last week – #3)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (Last week – #4)
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Last week – #12)
- Grand Theft Auto V (Last week – #4)
- Ring Fit Adventure (Last week – #10)
- Just Dance 2021 (Last week – #3)
- Minecraft (Switch) (Last week – 5)
- FIFA 21 (Last week – #6)