After more than successful Beta phase, Ubisoft has announced the post-launch plan for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands. The game will have a post-launch free PvP update (more information about PvP will be available at a later date), and a season pass containing two major expansions, faction-themed equipment, an exclusive vehicle, permanent and single-use XP boosters, and more.
We will see how this plan will unfold for Ubi and the game. The post-launch DLCs may or may not turn out disastrous. (Hello, Square Enix. No! I'm not satisfied with you killing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for a bunch of DLCs). The main question here did the developers butcher the game for the said post-launch content or not. The free PvP update looks to be a lot of fun, though.
The Season Pass trailer for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands:
The Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands Season Pass for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC includes:
- One week early access to two major expansions:
- Narco Road: Players will infiltrate a gang of smugglers and take part in crazy races and challenges to earn their infamous leader's trust and destroy them from the inside. Gamers will be able to meet new bosses and travel the wildlands in new vehicles.
- Fallen Ghosts: During an evacuation mission, the Ghosts’ chopper is shot down and the squad will need to adapt as they’re tracked down by an elite group of ruthless mercenaries. Players will fight a new powerful enemy, learn new skills and unlock weapons to complete their mission.
- The Unidad Conspiracy missions: Players will work to break down and destabilize the alliance between Santa Blanca and Unidad in the Media Luna province.
- The Peruvian Connection pack: Players will be able to play through the Peruvian Connection mission as well as receive seven gear patches.
- Faction themed equipment packs:
- Rebellion Ghost Pack: Players can don an outfit inspired by the brave Katari 26 rebels. They will also unlock a unique AK-47 equipped with a bigger magazine and customized with unique engraving work.
- Unidad Ghost Pack: Players dominate enemies with an Unidad outfit so they can attack Unidad camps while in disguise. They will also unlock a unique Unidad LMG weapon, customized with the colors of Unidad, and equipped with a red dot scope and a larger magazine.
- Santa Blanca Ghost Pack: With a Santa Blanca-inspired outfit, players can mimic their style without joining their ranks. This pack also unlocks the Santa Blanca golden M1911, customized with engravings and the mark of the cartel, for players to unleash chaos on the cartel.
- Exclusive vehicle: Bolivian Minibus
- Digital content:
- Permanent +5% XP booster for the player
- Single-use short XP booster: +50% XP for the player and +25% XP for other players in the session, expires two hours from time of use.
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands will be available on March 7th, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. For more information about the game, including the Ghost Recon Companion App, please visit the game's website. To learn more about other Ubisoft games, visit the company's blog.