As we are getting closer to the launch date of the Alien Hunters DLC, May 12 (May 13), more content is revealed from the upcoming update for XCOM 2. The highlight of this news is another alien Ruler: Archon King. As the developers say at their official news blog, Archon King will have following skill set:
- Devastate, an upgraded version of Blazing Pinions that can disorient, stun, and/or knock unconscious each target
- Icarus Drop, a direct attack that allows the Archon King to fly to a target, lift them straight up into the air then slam them into the ground on the next action
- Huge amount of health that will take multiple engagements to deplete
- Will summon a portal to flee battle after devastating your soldiers or being chased off
- Stalks your soldiers across multiple missions
- Rulers take a turn after every soldier action
Archon King is actually the last revealed alien Ruler. Read about the previous two, Berserker Queen and Viper King, in the corresponding news. You can find more info on Archon King using a link below.