It is undeniable that you require luck to win at Ludo Star. However, if the game is 70% luck, it’s definitely 30% strategy, too. This is step-by-step guide on how to both get sixes and win at Ludo Star 2.0, the game that has gotten mobile players tapping away at it long past anything resembling a decent bedtime during this quarantine. This guide is specifically for the quick mode, the game’s most popular addition that has proven to be much more challenging than the classic mode. In this mode, the player who races his first token to the finishing line wins. Hence, the competition is significantly more intense.
How to win
1) The first step is to get one of your tokens out of your home and play it according to your die rolls. In the meantime, your opponent would be doing the same and moving towards your home.
2) If you get another six and decide to get your second token out of your home, play this instead of the token that you’ve stationed close to your opponent’s home. Do not move that.
3) You’ll soon come to a point where you’ve taken your first token very near to the opponent’s home and scattered your other tokens all over the board. All you have to do now is wait for your opponent to play a token from his home, the token you’re stationed right behind.
4) Your opponent will eventually play the token from their home. This is where the 70% luck comes in. You need a die roll that would kill the opponent’s token. However, thanks to the option to use gems and undo die rolls, you can use a gem at this point to make sure you kill that token. Don’t overdo using gems. Only use them at this very crucial, game-changing point.
5) Once you’ve successfully killed that token you were waiting for, all you have to do is secure the token you’ve killed with. It’s highly important that you don’t let it get killed. Play it only when you get die rolls big enough to keep you stationed on stars. If that’s not possible, play other tokens in the meanwhile.
6) Only when it’s safe to proceed, do so and enter the safe area of your finishing line. Even right now, your focus should be saving other tokens. If one of them gets killed, your opponent will be granted the right to enter their finishing line’s safe area. The aim is to keep them ineligible to win throughout the game.
Most players are in such a hurry to race their first token to the finishing line that they lose sight of other tokens. You must not forget that, in order to win at Ludo Star, you need other tokens as back-up if your first gets killed.
How to get sixes
This is a fairly easy trick. However, you have to be very secretive about it as GameBerry Labs, the developers, disable any advantages players figure to get sixes and win at Ludo Star. Let the die roll timer in green go almost all the way to complete its circle and tap on it right when it’s about to be done. Upon getting a six, tap on it again instantly to get another six. However, do not tap on it a third time. Doing that will get you another six and three consecutive sixes will make you lose your turn.
Again, don’t overdo this trick and utilize it only when necessary. This is important to make a mental note of, because you don’t always require a six and you end up taking very long to play your turn. Doing this would only pester your fellow players and it’s not a good idea to do that.
With this being said, I should mention that there could be unusual instances of this trick not working. Don’t lose hope and try again when you absolutely have to, it’ll definitely work the second time. All the best and get ready to win at Ludo Star!