Welcome to the Kingdom of Ankist: a place of daring expeditions, gruesome battles, and arcane mysteries. You play as the Head of the Council, the leader of the King’s inner circle. Listen to the advice of your Council of Houses, or overrule their decisions.
Lead the King’s Council for generations as the consequences of your decisions decide the kingdom’s resources and political standing. Form alliances, solve dilemmas, and prepare for the final uprising that was foretold by an ancient prophecy.
Explore the map of Ankist and see the Kindom’s problems currently at hand. Choose one, and the Council will be summoned to make a decision: do we send help to people hit by famine? Should we wage war against that northern tribe raiding the villages across our border? The Houses will cast their vote: “Aye” or “Nay” based on their personal interest and political stance. At that point, you might decide to influence the vote, spending your House’s finances to corrupt members of the council, or consuming some fo the limited “power” points you are given for the rule of each King.
Each decision you make has consequences both on your relations with the other Houses and on the Kingdom’s resources, which in turn might result in the King abdicating or being overthrown. But they will also make more dilemmas become available on the map. Based on the resources standing at the end of the current King’s rule and your moral alignment, you will be awarded “greed” and “influence” points, which you’ll be able to spend to research technology, start expeditions, or build structures. Which of these will become available depends on the choices you made.
Giveaway runs until April 6th!
The King’s Dilemma: Chronicles $150 USD Giveaway – 10 Steam Keys
- Play as one of twelve different houses, each with their own narrative goal
- Discover 300+ story-driven dilemmas through Ankist and its neighboring kingdoms
- Choose branching narrative paths across six intertwined storylines
- Explore multiple endings, with each playthrough lasting 3 to 4 hours
- Use influence or corruption to control the Council
- Invest in research, technology and buildings
- Play across generations, choose your heir as well as their personality and goals
- Always be preparing for the final battle