Welcome to Keen Cast, KeenGamer’s official podcast! Join Sean Rehbein, Tim Ronan, and David Lozada as they talk about the week’s hottest news stories and dissect the latest controversy shaking up the video game industry. In our eighth episode, we discuss cancel culture and its impact on the video game and anime industries today. Disclaimer: please do not misinterpret this episode as an attack on anyone. We do not approve of malicious actions in any way, shape, or form. This episode is simply our opinion on an important topic we feel needs to be addressed.
We also talk about that Overwatch Switch case that leaked, Tracer in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (please no), Telltale Games’ revival, Yakuza‘s new direction, NBA 2K20‘s embarrassing microtransactions, and all those delicious Shovel Knight announcements. Check out links and timestamps to all of our topics below:
- Official licensed Overwatch Nintendo Switch case listed – then quickly removed (00:12:29)
- Yakuza 7 announced – and it’s a JRPG (00:24:36)
- Shovel Knight Dig, Shovel Knight Showdown, and Shovel Knight: King of Cards detailed (00:29:32)
- Telltale Games to be revived (00:41:58)
- NBA 2K20’s MyTeam trailer is a corkscrew dive into a Las Vegas outhouse (00:55:02)
Topic of the Show:
Should developers adhere to fan wishes or stick to the vision they have in mind? (01:12:05)
Nail in the Coffin – Our official consensus – 01:49:10
Also check us out on Spotify!
Do you have suggestions? You can email the show at [email protected]