Welcome to Keen Cast, KeenGamer’s official podcast! Join Sean Rehbein, David Lozada, and Tim Ronan as they discuss the week’s hottest news stories and dissect the latest controversy shaking up the video game industry. In our fifth episode, we discuss the United States’ most recent wave of gun violence and come to a consensus on whether or not video games are to blame.
We also talk about Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo’s decision to force developers to disclose loot box probabilities, the controversy surrounding Genshin Impact at ChinaJoy last weekend, Take-Two’s attempts to silence a prominent Borderlands YouTuber, and the latest batch of Pokemon making their debut in Sword and Shield. Check out links and timestamps to all of our topics below:
- Metal Gear’s Snake teased for Tekken 7 – whoops! It was a joke! (00:12:08)
- Is China’s Genshin Impact copying Breath of the Wild? (00:24:31)
- Take-Two tries to silence/punish Borderlands YouTuber using copyright strikes, taking down Discord servers and sending private investigators to his actual home (00:37:53)
- Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, and more agree to disclose loot box odds going forward (01:03:20)
- Pokemon Sword and Shield adds new Galarian forms of old Pokemon (01:24:01)
- Indivisible release date trailer (01:39:50)
Topic of the Show:
Do video games cause gun violence? (01:47:14)
Nail in the Coffin – Our official consensus – 02:12:06
Also check us out on Spotify!
Do you have suggestions? You can email the show at [email protected]