is a run and gun platform indie video game by Canadian brothers Chad and Jared Moldenhauer operating as Studio MDHR, drawn in the style of 1930s cartoons.
Inspired by cartoons of the 1930's, the visuals and audio are painstakingly created with the same techniques of the era, i.e. traditional cel animation (hand drawn & hand inked!), watercolor backgrounds, and original jazz recordings.
Cuphead is a run and gun game. As the titular Cuphead, the player loses a bet with the devil and spends the game attempting to repay the bet. The game features a branching level sequence and is based around continuous boss fights. Cuphead has infinite lives and keeps weapons between deaths. Cuphead has a parry ability and parrying various color coded objects will fill up a special meter that will enable Cuphead to perform a special move. The levels are accessible through an action RPG-style overworld with its own secret areas. The game has a two-player cooperative mode that adds another human player to the single-player boss battles playing as Mugman.
- Cuphead and Mugman rolled the dice and lost to the Devil. Now they have to repay their debt by doing his bidding.
- In two player local co-op mode, play as Cuphead and Mugman together to take down these hooligans.
- Master multiple weapons and defensive abilities with precision controls against furious adversaries.
- Pilot Cuphead's blazing fighter plane in fast action shoot 'em up stages.
- Test your skills against giant, fully animated bosses ready to push your dexterity to the limit.
- Travel across the world of Cuphead, gaining powers, defeating opponents, and saving the land.