KeenGamer Forum

Worldwide (kinda) d...

Notifications
Clear all

Worldwide (kinda) difference in pricing for new consoles/new PC components.  

Luis Cano
Active Member Staff
16/09/2020 7:37 pm  

Hello again, people. 

I'm bringing the conversation to the forum so anyone can jump in if they feel like it. Making it on General Gaming because it will likely expand beyond just consoles or just PC parts. 

I came across a post on Twitter by "Xbox Mexico" that had what they are calling "suggested prices" for the new consoles, and they're going for 13,999mxn for the Series X and 8,499 for the Series S. 

For context:

13,999mxn is around 665.50usd so that right there is a 165usd increase. 

8,499mxn is around 400usd, so that's another 100usd increase. 

Do keep in mind that these are "suggested" prices and the price the retailer sets will likely be even higher, I'm predicting at least over 200usd difference for the Series X and at least 150usd difference for the Series S, but I'm being conservative and optimistic there. 

As far as PC parts go, the conversation in Forums have been centering around the new 3000 series GPUs, and although there's no official pricing yet, people in forums are predicting that the 3070 will likely run for at least 18K mxn which is at least 200usd over the US price. 

How are things looking where you guys are at in regards to new-gen pricing?

Tristan Zelden
16/09/2020 8:15 pm  

That sucks for you man, I feel you on that. Thankfully, I am getting pretty good prices as I am in the US. I am thinking of getting the 3080 and will absolutely get the PS5 regardless of the price which we will hopefully know in two hours as I am writing this. It sucks that people in certain regions may have to wait due to the higher price, which could be a factor due to COVID, but nobody knows for certain. Either way, hopefully you can get your hands on the consoles/parts that you want when you can afford it.

ReplyQuote
Luis Cano
Active Member Staff
16/09/2020 9:04 pm  

@tristanzelden Well, I live pretty close to the border with US anyway, I never end up buying consoles/electronics in MX because it just makes more sense to cross and buy them there, but people farther south in the country are royally screwed. 

Edit: Grammar

ReplyQuote
Tristan Zelden
16/09/2020 9:28 pm  

@luis-cano Oh, smart thinking with those big brain plays. That does suck for people further south who or in a country surrounded by countries that also have terrible console/pc part prices.

ReplyQuote
Luis Cano
Active Member Staff
18/09/2020 5:11 am  

So for anyone that is keeping track, I predicted that the 3080 would go for as much as 18k mxn in Mexico, and I wasn't wrong... It's listed for 23k mxn or 1100 USD. It seems like consoles are going to win this round in the country. 

Oh well. 

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.