Games you're ashame...

Notifications
Clear all

Games you're ashamed to not have played  

Page 1 / 2 Next

Carl Jones
Active Member Staff
30/09/2020 12:35 pm  

Hello everyone! I thought this might be an interesting topic. 

We all have our backlog of games, but what about those games that have slipped through the radar? The ones that you really meant to get around to but never touched (or didn't play very much at all). What games do you slowly back away from in embarrassment during conversations with friends when asked if you've played? What are one or two of the games you are ashamed to have never (or barely) played? Time to let all the skeletons out. 

I'll go first. I've only played a few minutes of GTAV. Never got back into it and the only reason I have it is because I received it for free during the week it was free on the Epic Game Store. I also have never played a Zelda game. Yikes. 

Kyle Chamaillard
New Member Registered
30/09/2020 4:18 pm  

I own versions of Bioshock and Skyrim but have not been able to play either yet. I feel pretty lucky to remain unspoiled on the Bioshock series, I plan on hopping into the first game once I knock a few more games off of my backlog.

ReplyQuote
Luan Erasmus
Active Member Staff
01/10/2020 4:34 pm  

I've never played any of the Far Cry or Zelda games although I desperately want to. Also, I've only played about 30 minutes of one of the early Final Fantasy games, I can't remember which one but I hated it. 

ReplyQuote
Tristan Zelden
Eminent Member
04/10/2020 10:42 pm  

@luan-erasmus I have played Far Cry and enjoy it despite falling to a formula. But I am in the same boat regarding FF and Zelda. Played a few mins of one or two games of both franchises, but couldn't tell you which.

ReplyQuote
Tristan Zelden
Eminent Member
04/10/2020 10:43 pm  

@kylechamaillard I never played the second Bioshock, but the first game is one of my favorite games of all time. Infinite gets some shit from some people, but I really like it a lot, just VERY different compared to the first game.

ReplyQuote
Carl Jones
Active Member Staff
06/10/2020 11:58 am  

@kylechamaillard Oh, man, Bioshock is a creepy one. I've played through the first, played through part of the second, and played Infinite a long time ago. You know what reminded me of Bioshock but without combat and a bit shorter was Close to the Sun. Really liked that atmosphere in that game too. 

ReplyQuote
Carl Jones
Active Member Staff
06/10/2020 12:01 pm  

@luan-erasmus Haha! Final Fantasy. I remember booting up a FF game at a cousins house about twenty years ago and was appalled we had to take turns to fight. I'm now starting from the beginning with the first FF on mobile and plan on playing through the rest. Very slowly. 

ReplyQuote
Will Hitchcock
New Member Registered
07/10/2020 12:04 am  

Even though I love everything about the concept of Bioshock, I haven't played ANY of them. And I still haven't played Bloodborne, even though I love the Dark Souls trilogy.

ReplyQuote
Max Fagandini
New Member Registered
07/10/2020 12:20 pm  

@tristanzelden Bioshock 2 is definitely the weakest link but I still enjoyed it, and the Minerva's Den DLC for it is stellar! Certainly worth a play in my opinion 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Harry Fritsch
Active Member Staff
07/10/2020 2:17 pm  

Some of the most shameful marks against my gaming cred would have to be the lack of iconic Western RPGs I have played. Which is bizarre, because JRPGs are my favourite genre, so you'd think some of that interest would cross over.

But I've never played a Bethesda or Bioware RPG, Witcher game, or Fable. I think the time sink scares me off, but given intricate stories and worlds are what I cherish most about gaming, I should really gives these games a go. 

ReplyQuote
Carl Jones
 Carl Jones
07/10/2020 2:32 pm  

@harryfritsch Aw man, the Witcher is my favorite series of all time. Unpopular opinion here, but if you ever get around to playing them, work through them in order. The Witcher 3 is obviously the most popular, but getting to know the characters and personalities in the first two will definitely affect your decisions in the third! I think I put about 35 hours into the first two and 120 into the third. 

ReplyQuote
Max Fagandini
New Member Registered
07/10/2020 3:48 pm  

@Carl Jones Yeah, I'd have to agree - having never played a Witcher game before I recently started Witcher 3, which I was assured would be totally accessible even if I'd not played the other two. I'm having a great time with it but there have been so many times when I've been like 'wait, how do I know that person?' and 'What do any of these names mean' and stuff, and I figure I'd probably be on better footing if I'd played them in order!

ReplyQuote
Harry Fritsch
Active Member Staff
08/10/2020 5:33 am  

@Carl Jones those hours don't sound too daunting. Again, I am almost certainly going to love them, I just need to find the time to really commit. Or I could just be lazy and watch the Netflix show. 

ReplyQuote
Aušrius Matkevičius
New Member Registered
09/10/2020 9:21 am  

This would probably be considered a punishable crime against the gaming world, but here it goes. I never played The Witcher III or GTA V. Then again, I acquired those during the phase (that I am sure everyone experiences) where you accumulate games, then forget to play them, and move on. Sad face.

ReplyQuote
Carl Jones
Active Member Staff
09/10/2020 12:47 pm  

@ausriusmatkevicius Those are some of the best games to have in your backlog though! At least you picked em up when you had the chance. Where I am in the world, it's coming up on Fall and the cooler months here soon. Perfect time to get in The Witcher mood! It's a game where you can grab a cup of hot apple cider or coffee and play for hours. 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2 Next

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.