KeenGamer Forum

Games you played wa...

Notifications
Clear all

Games you played way after release  

Tristan Zelden
Eminent Member Moderator
14/07/2020 8:36 pm  

I started this topic as I have just played Overwatch the other night. My buddy played a ton on Xbox and now that we are all on PC, he wanted to get into one of his favorite FPS games again. I decided it was time to play and I am blown away. I am loving Overwatch out of these couple of nights playing. I rarely get into multiplayer games with Rocket League and Rainbow Six Siege being the only ones I have been able to play heavily in years. Now it's time to add Overwatch to that short list.

What about everyone else? What game(s) that you came really late into playing and got hooked on?

Harry Fritsch
Active Member Senior Authors
15/07/2020 4:23 am  

I've probably only started playing games at release more regularly in the last couple of years. I only started seriously getting into gaming around 2010, so you could say anything released prior to then was a party I was definitely late to. 

Speaking more specifically and more recently, I only played The Last of Us and Undertale last year - which are two games I now consider amongst my all time favourites. I don't know why I passed up on them for so long as they both tick a lot of boxes that I would generally gravitate towards, but better late than never. 

ReplyQuote
Anyka Pettigrew
16/07/2020 7:44 pm  

Since I had a PS3 mainly for the Bluray function, and was more of a Nintendo kid back then, I didn't play The Last Of Us till about late 2017. That's when I finally got a PS4 and got into the bigger games, and fell in love with it. I knew it was a beloved game, but I never knew the scope of it till I played it.

ReplyQuote
Joshua Robertson
Active Member Moderator
17/07/2020 6:18 pm  

I'm the opposite of Anyka, I was a Playstation kid and rarely played Nintendo games. Apart from Windwaker and Breath of the Wild, I binged pretty much every 3D Zelda and some 2D ones within a year and I now absolutely adore them.

ReplyQuote
GameReviewer
31/07/2020 6:47 am  

I play the Helical jump game after the release of this game.

This post was modified 3 months ago 2 times by GameReviewer

ReplyQuote
Luis Cano
18/09/2020 5:17 am  

I played Dark Souls, the first one, earlier this year, 2020. I had started it before and played here and there, but it was in 2020 when I played it through. And yes, I still have DS 2, 3 and Bloodborne to go through, but I always rather play a game when everything has been released and there like an ultimate edition or in this case a "Prepare to Die" Edition. 

ReplyQuote
Tristan Zelden
Eminent Member Moderator
19/09/2020 5:24 am  

@luis-cano I only beat Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3. Both are superb. Dark Souls 1 and 2, I only got a few mins into before dropping off. Sekiro is a game I got deep into but never beat, still highly recommend it though.

ReplyQuote
David Harris
20/09/2020 1:30 pm  

I have only just finished Portal 2. I had it since day one, and it's been installed across 3 PCs now, I just never played it. I had no good reason either, it was just a blind spot for me...

ReplyQuote
Michael Kelley
New Member Authors
21/09/2020 3:28 am  

I just recently bought Anthem about 2 weeks ago. I tried playing online and found that not only was I late to the party, but the party had long since been dispersed. 

I am also in the same group as Harry, however. I've always had a huge backlog of games until recently, so by the time I'd get to a game, it was already months after it's release. 

Luis Cano liked
ReplyQuote
Luis Cano
22/09/2020 9:12 pm  

@michaelkelley I have a huge backlog of games as well, I hope to have some more time soon haha. 

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.