KeenGamer Forum

PC Build and Setups

Notifications
Clear all

PC Build and Setups  

29/05/2020 9:37 pm  

Here is my setup:

My processor is an Intel i7-9700 (CPU 3.60 GHZ)

32 GB RAM (from Corsair)

Graphics card: NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super (So good if you are new to PC and need something that isn't super expensive)

Monitor: Can't remember the exact model but it's from Acer and is 144hz (try your best to get 144hz or higher)

Mouse: Logitec G502 (get something with a few extra buttons like this one with a good sensor)

Motherboard: MSI Z390-A PRO

Bonus tip: Get a big mousepad, especially if you arm aim (even though I mostly wrist aim, it is still great to have). Also, make sure your keyboard is mechanical, but you don't need to spend much on one, that should be easy.

01/06/2020 2:17 pm  
Posted by: @tristanzelden

Also, make sure your keyboard is mechanical, but you don't need to spend much on one, that should be easy.

Unless you want it to be fancy, with special led effects and such 🙂

ReplyQuote
01/06/2020 6:55 pm  

@dmytro-voloshyn good point. Always nice to have fancy lighting.

ReplyQuote
New Member Staff
03/06/2020 4:29 am  

I bought one for about $20 and it has all the RGB you could ever want. Although, the switches are obnoxiously loud and they have a strange mechanical ring to them which you don't hear immediately but once you do, it gets very irritating. 

Moral of the story, if you want a mechanical keyboard, it's best to spend a little extra 😀 

ReplyQuote
New Member Staff
04/06/2020 1:05 am  

Is the 9700 the 8 core without multi-threading? I want to say it is but I can't remember off the top of my head. Still an incredibly solid CPU. I'm still rocking a 4770 myself. Still, it holds up and I don't think I'll be upgrading quite yet in my desktop. 

Even my 980ti can pull its weight yet. Although it has acquired some beastly coil whine. 

ReplyQuote
04/06/2020 8:36 pm  

@carljones I honestly don't know. I am still new to the PC world. Most of my knowledge comes from my friends who are way smarter than me lol

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: