Kalypso Media and Reborn have released their first developer diary about Urban Empire today. Urban Empire is an upcoming PC ‘city ruler’ game that features 200 years of history. Beginning in the 1820s, the game puts players in control of a mayoral dynasty where they must lead their city and people.
The game has following features:
- City Ruler, not City Builder: Urban Empire offers a unique combination of classic city building and political management gameplay. Take on the role of a mayor, be a political mastermind and prove your skills by prevailing against opposing parties and guiding your city through technological evolutions and ideological revolutions.
- Choose from four ruling families with five characters each, like the equal rights and social justice advocates the Kilgannons, or the Sant’Elias, who focus on scientific progress and the pursuit of knowledge.
- Create and manage city districts on a large scale and fulfill your citizens’ needs – such as happiness, safety, and public services.
- Introduce new ideas and technologies, like the electric tram, antibiotics or video games and use your power to convince the city council of your political agenda.
- Up to 800 dynamic events represent the twists and turns of urban life: make and influence decisions on issues such as women’s rights, the hippie movement, and child labor.
Watch the first developer diary below to learn more about what sets a ‘city ruler’ apart from a ‘city builder’, as well as the main features of the game and the deep story of historical growth and political family drama.
“In the first Urban Empire featurette trailer, the development team at Reborn (formerly Fragment Production) explain the core features and principles of their upcoming ‘City Ruler’ game.”
Urban Empire comes out on January 20, 2017. The game will be available for PC via Steam. The ‘city ruler’ game can be pre-purchased now with a 15% discount.