Even though the game is exiting Early Access, Bigosaur has promised that development and improvement will continue on the game well past its launch date. Milan Babuškov, creator of the game, said "The release is just a first step, we're making the game feature complete. But I have much more content planned, more items, weapons, pets, mounts, NPC quests, heroes and bosses for future updates. We're excited to see what people think of the game and look forward to using that community feedback as motivation to continue improving the game over the months to come."
Son of a Witch will launch on Steam on May 16, 2018.
- Explore non-linear procedurally generated dungeons
- Fight your way through random encounters with monsters and a selection of 24 bosses
- Find shops, treasure rooms and challenge rooms
- Complete NPC quests to unlock playable characters
- Get help from one of 26 cute pet companions
- Drink random potions to power up or increase the challenge
- Identify and use powerful magic scrolls
- Every weapon has some unique ability or attack type
- Every item you find has its use or special mechanics
- Single player and up to 4 player co-op local or online
- Three diferent play styles: melee beat'em up, magic shooter and archers sniping enemies from the distance
- Permadeath. A new world is created every time you start the game, so it's always fresh and interesting to explore