Koei Tecmo announced on February 18th that Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada will come to the west and is set to launch for both the PS4 and the PC on May 23rd.The game is historically inspired from the Sengoku era in Japan.
The new trailer of the game was also released on this date, watch it down below:
Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada is the spin-off of Samurai Warriors 4: Empires and tells the story of the Sanada clan which begins with patriarch Masayuki Sanada, a very requested character who enters the Samurai Warriors series for the first time. The player follows Masayuki’s first battle, trailing the clan’s meteoric rise from vassals to powerful lords which led to the birth of the fan-favorite samurai, Yukimura Sanada. Continuing the clan’s legacy, players will then journey from boyhood as the legendary warrior, following his footsteps as Yukimura rises to the title of “The Crimson Demon of War.” Players will also experience the epic tale of his father’s reign and his finest battles, up to his valiant final stand at the Siege of Osaka.
Some features that the game will present are:
– Long term battles which will be affected by a day and night cycle.
– A castle town similar to Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends where players will be able to purchase horses at the stable, interact with various characters, and play other modes or go fishing.
– Just like in Warriors Orochi 3, the players will be able to bond with other characters by inviting them to the tea house.
– Characters outside the main story can be unlocked by finding shells and giving them to the shell collector.
– Fishing and farming will allow players to acquire rare materials that later can be used for synthesizing rare items or forming beneficial bonds with a character.
– Open World exploration will happen by traveling the outskirts of the castle town.
– Advancing through the story will add new facilities and trigger special events between officers.
– During the battle, players will be able to summon reinforcements by trigging "next move' which will require Sanada coins to activate, the coins can be acquired by fulfilling battle sub missions or gathering information in the castle town.
– Until now downloadable content includes only costumes.
In addition to all of this, Koei Tecmo also released some images to let gamers have a deeper look at the game. Check the images down below:
The game will be available for both the PS4 and the PC on May 23rd.