Visualnoveler has announced Rat Simulator, a new survival stealth role-playing game coming to Steam Early Access on 9th May 2017. You can view the trailer below:
About the game, Visualnoveler said:
It's a stealth game where you play as a rat to spread the plague across a suburban neighbourhood to build a rat's paradise. Humans will get in your way and should they spot you, pestmans will be called upon to exterminate you from their homes!
Here is a list of some of the features that will be included in the game:
- Infection – Infect 9 unique houses with the plague in the suburban neighborhood, but watch out for the inhabitants who are out to stop you in your tracks.
- Stealth Gameplay – Avoid detection from humans while spreading the plague, else you'll feel the wrath of the pestmen who are out to kill you!
- Destruction – Create chaos in the houses where you'll get to destroy precious objects such as plates, glasses and vases much to humanity’s dismay. Or maybe you just feel like making a mess out of their houses by throwing their fragile possessions everywhere.
- Rat Paradise – Save rats who are trapped in houses and then call upon your fellow rats to infect new houses in the neighborhood!
- Enhancements – Your experiences empowers your abilities and you'll get to select upgrades in order to boost your rat capabilities.
- Poisoned Food – It's all fun to spread diseases to the humans, and after all you'll get the house to yourself if they die to the plague, right?
- Annoy Humans – As a plague bearer, you'll get to temporarily stop the humans in their tracks as they drop to the ground when shot with poison.
You can check out some promotional screenshots below:
Will you be buying Rat Simulator when it releases on Steam Early Access? Feel free to let us know down in the comments.