Game developer Fenix Fire Entertainment and indie games partner Reverb Triple XP have announced that Proteus II Unearthed major content update for Osiris: New Dawn is now available on Steam. The free DLC includes a host of new features, including: massive visual improvements, the combo melee system, the selectable Ranger class, and the mysterious mines area that players can explore to uncover the fate of the original Osiris 1 mission team.
Watch the new Proteus II Unearthed trailer below:
You may feel the need to kneel before the mighty new Queen Crab in Osiris: New Dawn.
The Proteus II Unearthed major content update features include:
- Proteus II Map Redesign: The starting moon of Proteus II has been redesigned to showcase varying biodomes, with more flora and fauna, crater lakes, abandoned installations, and more discoverable landmarks.
- What Lies Underneath – New Mines Section: Enter the alien infested Osiris 1 mines and fight for your life to reveal what fate befell the original Osiris Mission. Confront the maze-like ruins and encounter the dark secrets lurking within.
- Ranger Class: Suit up as a new class with unlocked defensive skills that include the ability to employ turrets and build wall structures.
- Upgraded Graphic Quality: Immerse yourself in the world of Osiris with new graphical features such as, volumetric clouds, temporal anti-aliasing, and screen space shadowing.
- Mission System: Dive deeper into the lore of Osiris: New Dawn by contextually acquiring and completing missions.
- Alien Encounters: Discover the hierarchy of the Crabs; from lowly Snubb to the elegant and terrifying Crab Queen.
- Improved Sound Effects and VO: Voiceover sounds to player and EVA system computer and overall improvement to sound FX to creatures and weapons.
- New Melee Combo System: Chain together attacks using hand-crafted weapons each with unique animations for various playstyles.