This year is momentous for the Pokémon franchise: it’s been 25 years since the original games were first released in Japan! To mark this anniversary, The Pokémon Company has been releasing different pieces of media, from exclusive music, to new games, even fashion deals. Now, it has been announced that we will see a special commemorative expansion in Celebrations, releasing October 8, 2021.
Every new booster pack will feature four “uniquely designed cards” featuring foil treatments and the 25th-anniversary logo, with Pokémon from every region. The big news is that we’ll be getting a subset of 25 cards that are “close remakes” of iconic cards, such as Base Set Charizard, Umbreon ☆, and Tapu Lele-GX.
The full Celebrations lineup is below, and the company did note that recently discovered Pokémon (that is, ones first released to the TCG in recent years) will get releases combined with previous TCG sets, such as Light Pokémon, Delta Species (δ) Pokémon, and Pokémon Star.
- Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Collection—Dragapult Prime (available on Oct. 8, 2021)
- Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Collections—Lance’s Charizard V and Dark Sylveon V (available on Oct. 8, 2021)
- Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Deluxe Pin Collection (available on Oct. 8, 2021)
- Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Elite Trainer Box (available on Oct. 8, 2021)
- Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Mini Tins (available on Oct. 8, 2021)
- Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Special Collection—Pikachu V-UNION (available on Oct. 8, 2021)
- Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Collector Chest (available in October 2021)
- Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Premium Figure Collection—Pikachu VMAX (available on Oct. 22, 2021)
- Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Ultra-Premium Collection (available on Oct. 22, 2021)
Pokemon TCG: Celebrations will release to participating retailers worldwide on October 8, 2021, for your regional pricing.
[wpdiscuz-feedback id=”4x1uryok7o” question=”Are you planning on trying to grab this commemorative set?” opened=”0″]Are you planning on trying to grab this commemorative set? [/wpdiscuz-feedback] Let us know in the comments!