No Man's Sky version 1.09 has been released for PlayStation 4 today, weighing in at a hefty 733 MB.
With patch notes simply detailing "more bug fixes", a bevy of new improvements have been found by users online, including:
- the removal of the stacking items exploit
- slightly improved graphics and sounds
- quicker saves
- the removal of being able to hold down the square or triangle buttons while uploading multiple discoveries
- improved commonality of large creatures
- the ability to flee a battle with space pirates
- faster save reloads
- the fixing of day/night cycles
For an actively updating list of all new updates added with today's patch, visit the No Man's Sky subreddit.