Auckland, New Zealand – November 21, 2016 – Grinding Gear Games announced today that it will launch a brand-new content update (2.5.0) for their hit online ARPG, Path of Exile at noon pacific time on Friday, December 2nd, 2016.
Check out the Path of Exile: Breach official trailer:
Path of Exile: Breach Features
- Enter the Breach: Tears in the fabric of reality have formed throughout Wraeclast. Engage them to expose an alternate realm and reveal those who dwell there. Slay monsters inside the Breach to keep it open long enough to reap your bounty.
- Challenge the Breachlords: Deep in the Breach, you may draw the ire of horrific new bosses: Breachlords. The more damage you inflict on them, the more treasure they'll part with during their escape.
- Conquer a Breachlord's Domain: Among the riches found in the Breach, you may also encounter Splinters. Combine 100 Splinters of the same type together to create a Breachstone. When placed in the Map Device, a Breachstone allows travel into a Breachlord's Domain, the one place where they are truly vulnerable.
- Treasures of the Breach: Monsters from the Breach drop new unique items that are specific to their Domain. When slain in their Domain, Breachlords can drop Blessings that allow these new uniques to be upgraded.
- Performance Improvements: Content Update 2.5.0 includes the release of our new 64-bit Path of Exile client that uses DirectX 11. It's a lot faster than the previous version and includes technical improvements such as new fog and cloth physics systems.
- Breach Supporter Packs: To celebrate the Breach league, we're launching two new Supporter Packs. These exist alongside our current Atlas of Worlds Supporter Packs and feature points, forum titles, portrait frames, a weapon effect, a portal effect and an entirely new type of microtransaction: Cloaks.
- And Much, Much More! Alongside the Breach league and the new renderer, this update also includes many other changes such as piles of new Unique items, a new Channeling Support Gem, Unique Golem Jewels, a revamped Forsaken Master leveling experience (with many usability improvements) and graphical improvements to early Act One areas.
Path of Exile Key Features Include
- Download and play for free, but never pay-to-win
- A dark and deep action RPG
- Unlimited character combinations with the game's gigantic skill tree
- Combine skill gems to create unique combat strategies
- Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
- Explore randomly generated levels for nearly infinite replayability
- Craft weapons, magic items and even end-game maps to become more powerful
- Cooperate or compete with thousands of other Exiles in a persistent online world
- Ascend online ladders in every game mode
Path of Exile was released in October 2013 to critical acclaim including winning GameSpot's PC Game of the Year award. Since its launch, Path of Exile has become a world community of over 14 million players including localized versions in Traditional Chinese, Russian, Thai and Brazilian Portuguese.
Path of Exile: Breach, like every release of PoE, is completely free-to-play (and of course, never Pay to Win – This means that your success in the game is dependent on the depth of your skill, not your wallet). More information about Path of Exile: Breach can be found at the official website.