If you told Ubisoft to go hard or go home, you’d be the one going home ’cause they’re going really hard. Ubisoft has previously said in a blog post that they’re going to do their best to overhaul their policies. This happened due to several allegations against their employees were made and some people took it as some kind of a PR move. But now, Ubisoft is showing us that they’re serious about it. Ubisoft has released a PR post quite recently:
Full PR from Ubisoft on several executives such as Serge Hascoët, Yannis Mallat and Cecile Cornet stepping down after recent allegations of misconduct as the company reaffirms its commitment to implementing significant change to workplace culture. https://t.co/ddROv1viks pic.twitter.com/jk4oFRsEsY
— Daniel Ahmad (@ZhugeEX) July 11, 2020
In this post, Ubisoft recognized its failure in providing an inclusive workplace environment for their employees. Because of this, a combination of really important people from the company has decided to leave their positions. One of the most important ones being Serge Hascoet. Serge has been thought to be “too powerful to be ousted” as he is the one in charge of all the Ubisoft’s games. Just a word from him can make or break a project.
Not just that, Ubisoft has also confirmed that he’s not just resigning from his post. But he is leaving the company.
Ubisoft has confirmed to Bloomberg News that Serge Hascoet is leaving the company, not just his role.
— Jason Schreier (@jasonschreier) July 11, 2020
Really great job from Ubisoft as they’re shedding light upon us and explains their moves with transparency. Another one of the important people leaving their post would be the Global Head of HR, Cecile Cornet. Previously, Ubisoft has also released an announcement in their internal network, Mana.
Here's the message Ubisoft put on its internal network, Mana, this week. Employees are skeptical, to say the least. If you work/worked at Ubisoft and reported an incident of abuse that the company did nothing about, you can reach me confidentially at [email protected] pic.twitter.com/ujX5Hae3L4
— Jason Schreier (@jasonschreier) June 26, 2020
The reception of this post wasn’t as positive as one would think. Ubisoft employees commented that most of the allegations that were made were already reported years ago and HR did nothing about it. Ubisoft is now looking for a replacement for the posts that have been left open, save from COO which the current CEO of Ubisoft, Yves Guillemot will take over.