The Monster Hunter Rise 2.0 update has arrived, bringing with it ferocious new monsters and more. They include Chameleos, Kushala Daora, and Teostra, as well as Apex Diablo & Rathalos. The update also adds other new features and a ton of fixes. Online play requires the game to be updated to the latest version, along with a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
Along with the Monster Hunter Rise 2.0 update came the news that the game has surpassed 6 million units sold globally (including both physical and digital sales). Capcom is celebrating this milestone by releasing another special celebration package in-game. It contains 30 Mega Potions, 20 Well-done Steaks, 10 Large Barrel Bombs, 5 Mega Demondrugs, and 5 Mega Armorskins.
Capcom’s Monster Hunter Rise 2.0 update also adds other elements beyond the new monsters. Your hunter rank cap will increase once you have met certain conditions, and new monsters will start interfering with some of your quests. There are also a bunch of new things that will only be available after your hunter rank cap has been increased (see below). New Guide Card awards are now available, and you can change your hunter’s appearance in the Character Select menu via a Character Edit Voucher.
The image below is from the trailer and shows the new monsters and some other new features. It also reveals that the 3.0 update is set for a late May launch, when it will unleash several more new beasts. As formidable new monsters stand in your way, these 26 tips to help you master the hunt may come in handy.
Once your hunter rank cap has been increased, the following additional features of the Monster Hunter Rise 2.0 update will become available to you:
- New monsters will appear in Village and Hub quests.
- New monsters will appear in the Rampage.
- New quests, Arena quests, and requests will be available.
- New weapon trees, armor, items, and Petalaces will be available.
- New skills and Rampage Skills will be available.
- Armor upgrade level cap will be raised.
- New decorations will be available to forge at the Smithy.
- Layered armor will be available to forge at the Smithy.
- Palico and Palamute layered armor will be available to forge at the Buddy Smithy.
- Palico and Palamute level cap will be raised to level 50.
- Default level for Palico and Palamute hired from the Buddy Scout will be raised.
There are also a ton of fixes in the new update, and way too many to cover here. You can see the full Monster Hunter 2.0 change log for the full list.