League of Legends patches usually bring a few small changes and one or two big ones to balance the game. However, patch 12.14 will come out strong, featuring 17 changes to champions and other adjustments for runes, items, and even drakes. Lead designer Matt Leung-Harrison even shared that League of Legends patch 12.14 will be the last major set of changes until the Worlds patch. So, what roles and champions will be useless, and which ones will be OP next patch?
Patch 12.14 champion buffs
In this patch, buffs are rather spread over the rift but are targeted to the less-played champions.
Developers have decided to give some love to Pantheon and buff his jungle clear
- Q damage to monsters increased: 70% → 105%
Jarvan IV’s E-Q combo will be more powerful now, with less cooldown and more damage.
- Q bonus AD increased: 120% → 140%
- E cooldown reduced in late game: 12 seconds → 12-10 seconds
Teemo’s ultimate and mana regen is getting some pretty good buffs.
- Mana regeneration per level: 20 → 25
- R throw range increased in early game: 400/650/900 → 600/750/900
- R Ap ratio increased: 50% → 55%
- R mana cost decreased in later levels: 75 → 75/55/35
Riot will buff Alistar’s Q so that his enemies get the horns.
- Q mana cost reduced: 65-85 → 55-75
- Q cooldown reduced: 15-11 seconds
Developers have decided to help LeBlanc with some mana changes and a damage buff.
- Base mana increased: 334 → 400
- Mana per level increased: 50 → 55
- W damage increased in late game: 75-215 → 75-235
Finally, Varus will receive some extra damage for his arrows.
- Base AD increased: 50 → 62
Patch 12.14 champion nerfs
Most 12.14 nerfs are coming towards the bot lane, as some champions needed to be toned down a bit.
- Q cast time bug fixed, now properly scales: 0.25-0.18 → 0.25-0.10
- W minion damage reduced: 80% → 65%
- New: W bounces last-hit minions below 15 hp
Yuumi’s heals are being nerfed, as they were way too reliable.
- E heal AP ratio reduced: 35% → 30%
Seraphine is thriving as an AP carry, but Riot has decided to nerf her W shields and heals.
- W shield AP ratio decreased: 35% → 25%
- W heal AP ratio decreased: 0.6% missing HP per 100 AP → 0.4% missing HP per 100 AP
Gnar is the only non-botlane champion nerfed this patch and Riot are trying to reduce his health.
- Base health reduced: 580 → 540
- Health regen per level reduced: 1.75 → 1.25
The developers are having problems dealing with Zeri, as everyone is picking her up for ADC. So, they are reducing her R power but giving her an interesting new passive.
- Removed: right-click deals 60-150 (+18 AP) to enemies below 35% HP
- New: right-click executes enemies below 60-150 (+18 AP) HP
- R on-hit damage reduced: 10/15/20 (+15 AP) → 5/10/15 (+15 AP)
Lastly, Renata will receive nerfs that try to deal with her survivability and early damage.
- Base health reduced: 595 → 545
- Base AD reduced: 51 → 49
Patch 12.14 champion adjustments
This time around, League of Legends patch 12.14 will try and balance off the power of healing, shields, and resistances. Gangplank is receiving a mini-rework to try and refocus his power.
GP for 12.14. Intent is to weaken his lane power early, move some of his crit incentives out of barrels and into more committal dmg, but still bias him towards crit. We experimented with several adventurous crit incentives, but ultimately decided he didn't need it and went simple pic.twitter.com/TklKTvcwwT
— Matt Leung-Harrison (@RiotPhroxzon) July 19, 2022
On the other hand, Riot has decided to tweak Wukong’s health regeneration.
- Base HP regen increased: 2.5 HP each 5 seconds → 3.5 HP each 5 seconds
- Passive HP regen per stack decreased: 0.5% max HP → 0.35% max HP
Aatrox will get less healing from his kit, but more health in exchange.
- Health per level increased: 104 → 114
- E healing reduced in the late game: 18-26% → 18-24%
- R healing reduced in the late game: 25-55% → 25-45%
Kayn’s Rhaast form is getting the same treatment as Aatrox (finally some healing nerfs).
- Health per level: 99 → 109
- Rhaast passive healing reduced: 25-35% damage dealt to champions → 20-30% damage dealt to champions
Finally, the developers have decided to adjust Janna’s heal and shield power.
- E bonus heal and shield power reduced: 20%-15%
- E shield amount increased: 65-165 → 75-175
- R healing increased: 90-200 (+45% AP) → 100-200 (+50 AP)
Patch 12.14 System adjustments
League of Legends patch 12.14 includes a whole lot of changes to items and runes, especially focused on reducing their power in the early game. Riot has decided that enough healing and tankiness was enough and they are targeting some of the most popular runes and items.
To start with, most enchanter items’ heal and shield power have been reduced in order to nerf their power and presence in-game.
- Forbidden idol’s heal and shield power reduced: 10% → 8%
- Ardent Censer’s heal and shield power reduced: 10% → 8%
- Staff of flowing water’s heal and shield power reduced: 10% → 8%
- Mikael’s Blessing’s heal and shield power reduced: 20% → 16%
- Redemption’s heal and shield power reduced: 20% → 16%
- Moonstone Renewer’smaximum charges reduced: 5 → 4
Potions are being nerfed to reduce early game laning sustain.
- Health potion total healing reduced: 150 hp → 120 hp
- Refillable potion total healing reduced: 125 hp → 100 hp
- Corrupting potion total healing reduced: 125 hp → 100 hp
Chempunk chainsword is getting nerfed, even if it was sitting in a decent spot.
- Cost increased: 2600 gold → 2800 gold
Finally, sunfire cape is receiving a damage nerf on its passive. Now, who can complain that tanks deal too much damage?
- Base immolate damage reduced: 12-30 (+1% bonus health) → 15 (+1.5% bonus health)
Summoner spell nerfs
The summoner spell exhaust is getting nerfed after being a top pick for too long. Its slow and damage reduction have been terrorizing assassins and ADCs for a long time, so Riot has decided to target the second part of it.
- Damage reduction decreased in the early game: 40% → 30-40% (levels 1-9)
Likewise, challenging smite had become a powerful combination of exhaust and ignite. Its power was a bit too high, so Riot decided to nerf it a bit.
- Damage reduction against the enemy smited reduced: 20% → 10%
(Video by I Keep it Taco)
This time, League of Legends 12.14 patch is full of rune changes. Although nerfs would be the most appropriate word, as there are only 2 rune buffs
Biscuit delivery is receiving a big nerf that will help reduce its flexibility and pick rate.
- Health and mana restore decreased: 10% missing HP and mana → 8% missing HP and mana
- If the champion is manaless, the health restoration remains a 10% missing HP
- Permanent mana increase decreased: 50 → 40
Time warp tonic is a decent rune that can provide you a lot of in-lane sustain, but it is not safe from the early game nerfs.
- Movement speed when using a potion reduced: + 4% movement speed → + 2% movement speed
Also, Riot wants to nerf Resolve runes, reducing their overall tankiness and reliability in the early game.
- Bone platting cooldown increased: 45 seconds → 55 seconds
- Guardian cooldown increased in the early game: 70-40 seconds → 90-40 seconds
- Conditioning extra resistances amount reduced: 9 armor and magic resist + 4% total armor and magic resist → 8 armor and magic resist + 3% total armor and magic resist
- Unflinching will provide less tenacity and slow resist: 10-30% → 5-25%
- Second Wind’s healing reduced: 6 (+4% missing health) → 3 (+4% missing health)
At last, not all runes will receive nerfs in this patch. Developers have decided to buff a pair of runes that have gone a bit under the radar lately.
Scorch is receiving some damage buffs to help players poke the hell out of their enemies.
- Damage increased: 15-35 → 20-40
On the other hand, assassins are having a rough time after the durability changes, so a buff to sudden impact will be very much welcome.
- Lethality and magic penetration increased: 7 lethality & 6 magic penetration → 9 lethality & 7 magic penetration
Epic monster adjustments
Lastly, the biggest changes that will make their way into the rift will be the drakes and rift herald ones. So, Riot has decided to greatly buff the epic monsters’ health, which will now be way harder to kill. Yet, the drakes will also deal less damage and all the drake and herald rewards will be much better.
In short, League of Legends patch 12.14 will be filled with huge changes that will mostly affect your early game and sustain and the focus of the players. Drakes and heralds will now be more valuable, so the jungle role will be more predominant and healing will be reduced overall. Do you think these changes will bring balance to the game or break it even more?