All games shown at Xbox Game Showcase will be available on Xbox Series X when it is being launched. However, Xbox has decided to add current Xbox One games onto Xbox Series X, with graphical and performance upgrades. You may, then, be able to play games such as Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Sea Of Thieves and Gears Tactics when the new console releases later this year. All in 4K resolution at 60 frames per second with much faster loading times. Some games will also have higher visual fidelity at much greater distances.
Those upgrades will come with no additional costs at any time for players who own a copy on Xbox One. Each title will come with different or unique upgrades:
- Forza Horizon 4 will get higher fidelity graphics, 4K resolution at 60 frames per second and faster loading times
- Gears 5 will have faster loading times and 4K resolution
- Gears Tactics will receive 4K resolution at 60 frames per second
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps will get higher-fidelity graphics and much faster performance
- Sea of Thieves will have upgrades, however, Microsoft did not give any specific information regarding the upgrades yet. More information will, hopefully, come later
There is no further information on whether more Xbox One games will join the line-up this autumn. Luckily, the wait isn’t too long until more Xbox exclusive games are coming. We will have a new Forza Motorsport, Halo Infinite and many more games coming up!