Regardless of whether or not you’ve jumped on for Season 4 yet, you could be forgiven for not knowing the entirety of what’s on offer in this latest update. As most of us are aware by now, this season revolves largely around superheroes. There’s seven new skins for them. We’ve also got a brand new “Save The World Mode” where our superheroes come into play with a new quest line called Blockbuster. Part 1: Origin Story sees Spitfire and Lok attempting to recruit a team of superheroes to investigate the comet's landing
As for the map itself, Epic Games explains in their official patch notes, “shards of a massive comet have crashed into the map altering the landscape.” If a player finds any one of these crash sites, they’ll be able to collect Hop Rocks, allowing them to jump massive distances. As you can see in the image below, Dusty Divot gets its own new place name but other, smaller craters are littered on the map. Tilted Towers seems to have survived the onslaught from the stars.
Other features of the Season 4 update include destructible environment on the starting island, a mysterious new alien item and the latest Battle Pass includes one hundred tiers of new rewards, including the seven superhero skins.
Check out the full list of changes below.
- Input settings are now filtered based on game mode.They’ve also been grouped by category (Combat, Building, Editing, etc.) to make it easier to search through them.
- Added icons for the tabs at the top of the Settings screen.
- Added “Ignore Gamepad Input” option to the Accessibility settings tab. This is can useful for players who use external programs to remap their controller input.
Battle Royale Gameplay Changes
- Structures on the startig island can now be destroyed.
- Headshots are now prioritized when other body parts are in the way. This means players can shoot through body parts that get in the way and be credited with a head shot for it. All weapons will be effected by this change except the rocket launcher.
- Slightly reduced the hitbox size of player hands.
- Damage numbers are now visible while spectating.
- Knocking a player off the island will award an elimination credit.
- Fall distance is now shown in the elimination feed when a player is pushed to death.
- On the starting island, visible player distance has been extended by three times.
User Interface Changes
- Favourite cosmetic items can now be marked in The Locker
- ‘Random’ option added to each cosmetic equipment slot in the Locker. This will randomly choose between items you’ve marked as favorites each match.
- You are no longer limited to just the 6 slots on your emote wheel for Sprays and Emotes and can now use any of the ones you own in a match!
- The Locker slots act as a page of presets, but you can cycle through to any emotes marked as a favorite and then all emotes, sorted by type.
- Added new “Locker Emote Slot” button bindings. This means you can immediately trigger any of your 6 Emote or Spray presets.
- An icon will display while Auto Run is active
- Improved the look of the Game options tab.
- Slightly decreased the size of the arrow over players heads when they are close to you.
- The 4:3 aspect ratio is now supported.
- The Crossbow has been vaulted.
- Rocket Launcher aim reticle remains as a fixed size.
- Hit markers can now be seen through scopes.
- Increased pickaxe damage against Supply Llamas.
Graphics And Animation
- Hunting Rifle animations have been updated.
- Shotguns, Revolver, Hand Cannon, and Rocket Launcher have had their equip animations improved. Equip time is the same for each.
- The dust cloud that appears on player landings will show for all players.
- Storm wind now affects trees.
For each of the above categories, a whole host of bug fixes have also been implemented that add up to an overall smoother user experience.