Chapter 2 of Fortnite has officially come to a close. It’s now time for the next chapter: Chapter 3. With a new chapter brings a new world, new characters, new content, and new gameplay. Let’s jump right in and see what Chapter 3 Season 1 brings to Fortnite.
The first season of the new chapter kicks off with the world from Chapter 2 being literally flipped, unveiling a brand-new world to play in. While it’s a shame to say goodbye to the old island, the new island has plenty for you to explore.
The western side is a snowfield. Look out for places such as the suburban Greasy Grove and industrial Logjam Lumberyard. It is stated that at some point, the snow will thaw. Secrets will then be uncovered, maybe with new areas to check out.
If you don’t like the snow, head to the eastern half, where it is warmer and more tropical. The tropical east is home to The Seven and the Sanctuary. The Sanctuary may be worth a visit, as you can receive special quests here. Using a communication device called The Device, you can hear from The Scientist, the mastermind of The Seven. These quests go beyond the season, unlocking secrets of The Seven. Also, look out for the web-covered Daily Bugle building.
There’s more to find in the south, where a desert is located. Here, you can go off-road racing at Chonker’s Speedway, or visit the cozy Condo Canyon.
Later in Chapter 3, look out for new weather including lightning and tornadoes. There might also be some new wildlife.
GO CAMPING WITH THE NEW TENT
Traversing the island is going to be hard work, and you’ll want to stop and rest. That’s what the brand-new tent item is for. Tents can be used to share with your squad, giving you the chance to heal and stash items. You can stash up to 3 items, which you can use in future matches. Note that the third slot for stashed items has to be rented using Bars. Tents can be found on the island, including deserted ones. You don’t even have to pack up your own when you’re done. You can choose to leave it behind if you want.
A whole new chapter means new weapons, and there are lots of them. The new weapons introduced in Chapter 3 are:
- Ranger Assault Rifle
- MK-Seven Assault Rifle
- Striker Pump Shotgun
- Auto Shotgun
- Sidearm Pistol
- Stinger SMG
- Hunter Bolt-Action Sniper
In past seasons, Fortnite has introduced famous characters such as superheroes. Chapter 3 Season 1 is no exception. Spiderman is officially coming to Fortnite – but not until December 11.
What will Spiderman bring to Fortnite? Only his famous web-shooter gloves, of course! The great news is that you can equip the web-shooters with any outfit you’re wearing. If you have the Battle Pass, you’ll get to unlock Spiderman’s outfit.
Throughout the season, look out for Spiderman-themed content in the item shop.
BATTLE PASS EXCLUSIVE CONTENT
If you get the Battle Pass for Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1, you’ll get access to some exclusive character outfits. As well as unlocking Spiderman’s outfit, you’ll also get wanderer Ronin, outlaw Harlowe, and more. Later in Season 1, you’ll get the leader of the legendary Seven, The Foundation.
OTHER THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
If you think that’s all Season 1 of Chapter 3 has to offer, you’re mistaken. There’s lots more that expands your experience. This includes:
- SLIDING: You can now slide around with your playable character. This allows you to get around quickly and evade enemy fire. You can also shoot and build while sliding. To slide, hold the crouch button while running.
- ENEMY KNOCKOUT UPDATES: If you’ve been knocked out by an enemy, you can now crawl faster to your squad to retreat and get aid. You can also pick up stuff while knocked out, as well as sort your inventory and open chests and doors.
- XP EARNING UPDATE: You can now earn XP outside battle royale to go towards your battle pass. You can also earn XP through accolades in Creative.
- BATTLE ROYALE VICTORY CROWN: Now, if you win a battle royale, you can get a crown to show off. At the next match you play, you’ll be wearing your crown. Watch out though, as envious rivals will be after your crown! If you win a battle and still have your crown, you’ll get rewarded with a unique emote.
- QUEST SYSTEM UPDATE: Before, you initiated quests from the island. Now, there’s a Quests section in the lobby where you can start new quests. There are 3 main types of quests: Daily, Season, and Milestone. Daily quests are refreshed every day at 9am ET. Season quests are added every Thursday at 9am ET. Milestone quests have multiple stages. You can earn extra XP for completing a certain number of quests.
- QUICKER WITH OTHERS: On the new island, you might find in some situations that doing something is quicker with other people. This includes reviving teammates and starting up a Reboot Van. You’ll also come across special vaulted doors which requires more than one person to open.
- NEW HEALING ITEMS: There are 2 new items you should be aware of. The Med-Mist is a spray that heals you up as well as your teammates. There is also Guzzle Juice, which restores health to 100 over time. Note that the healing process will stop if you take damage from an opponent.
That’s the general summary of what you can expect to find in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1. Have fun on the new flipped island – and look out for Spiderman, commencing December 11!