DEX, a cyberpunk 2D side-scrolling RPG, just got its physical publisher, PQube. The company will distribute the game in the UK for the PlayStation 4. The release date is set for July 29, 2016. Here’s the announcement trailer:
The cyberpunk RPG has following features:
- Rare melding of realism and creative vision: Realistic action, mature storyline, and complex character interactions meld with hand-drawn art, animations and arcade-style melee combat.
- Multiple solutions to problems: Operate in cyberspace or normal reality. Overcome obstacles using skills, weapons, special equipment.
- Meaningful character progression choices: Will you be a silent assassin, a hacker, or a straightforward gunfighter? Improve your character and gear to unlock gameplay-changing upgrades that reinforce and customize your gameplay style.
- Unique hacking mechanic: Transfer your consciousness to your avatar, overcome intrusion countermeasures, take action, and then return back to your body in a fraction of a real-time second to see the results – deactivated turrets, overloaded devices and cripple enemies.
- Neo-cyberpunk: Story deeply inspired by the cyberpunk novels of William Gibson and other classical cyberpunk authors, flavoured with a contemporary concept of augmented reality.
- Rich game world and mindful level design: Visit diverse locations in Harbor Prime, a futuristic city complete with luxurious skyscrapers, run-down shantytowns, and seedy red-light districts.
- Full voice acting: Interactive dialogues using hand-drawn sprite animations, fully voice-acted by professional actors.