Destroy All Humans! is a third-person game originally developed by Pandemic Studios. It features Crypto-137, a little green alien who comes to Earth to harvest human DNA. Chocked full of humor, Destroy All Humans! gave gamers an open world wreak havoc and destruction in. In July 2020, Destroy All Humans! was remastered by Black Forest and, as KeenGamer has reported, was met with positive critical reception. On the 4th of March, a patch was released for Destroy All Humans! which improved performance on both the PS5 and the Xbox Series X/S.
Destroy All Humans! runs at 30FPS on the PS4. With update 1.08, the game’s framerate is unlocked on the PS5. This will allows it to run at a stunning 60FPS. Xbox players will also benefit from the latest update which adds improved resolution and detail on the Xbox Series X.
The update also brings three free new outfits to all players, giving you an extra reason to revisit Destroy All Humans! regardless of whether you own a PS5 or the latest Xbox. Other upgrades that all players will be getting includes silhouette fight tweaks, decreased difficulty on the final boss and Soldier and Power Suit Grenades balancing tweaks.
Destroy All Humans! is not the first or only game to get performance patches for the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S. God of War (2018) received a patch that allows for 60FPS gameplay on PS5, making an already phenomenal game even more spectacular. No Man’s Sky, developed by Hello Games, received the “Next Generation” update which improved visuals on both the PS5 and the Xbox Series X/S.
A full list of the changes associated with update 1.08 can be found below (from Twisted Voxel).
- 3 new free skins (all platforms): Ain’t No Man, Worst Nightmare, Midas Touch
- PS4 patch to unlock FPS restrictions (this will help players on PS5 as well)
- X1X patch for improved details
- XSX patch for improved resolution and details
- Silhouette fight tweaks (all platforms)
- Decreased difficulty on the final boss fight
- Toned down enemy reinforcement spawns
- Slightly increased the time Crypto has to get into cover
- Slightly reduced Silhouette’s Shock-O-Mator beam damage and sweep speed
- Removed particle exploder mines that spawn in proximity to Crypto
- Soldier and Power Suit Grenades balancing tweaks (all platforms)
- Crypto tweaks (all platforms)
- Ion Detonator Upgrade
- Lowered the slowdown and duration of the Ion Detonator’s Temporal Distortionator upgrade and increased its shield regen multiplier.