Bangkok, November 18th, 2016 – Sanuk Games is delighted to announce that Bombing Busters is finally available on Xbox One today.
Have a blast! Bomb oodles of nasty critters in a series of 30 wicked mazes! Defeat hellish bosses in heroic fights! Play solo, or with friends in merciless battles! Embark on a hilarious journey with the witty Dr. Wallow to conquer the galaxy in this explosively fun arcade game!
- Single-player adventure.
- Local battle for 1 to 4 players using game controllers.
- 5 picturesque worlds with 30 wicked mazes.
- A large bestiary of critters to blast.
- A multitude of items and power ups to collect.
- 5 hellish boss levels whose punishing difficulty will only be matched by the satisfaction you’ll get once you beat them.
- Over 10 minutes of caustic comments from Dr. Wallow, voiced by David Goldfarb.
- 7 famous pieces of classical music electronically butchered by Samuel Safa.
First released as “Bombing Bastards” on Wii U in 2014, the game got a bunch of good reviews. “Being bad never felt so good,” WiisWorld.com titled, giving the game 86/100. ““I had a blast playing it and I feel that anybody who is up to the challenge will as well,” said AlwaysNintendo.com in an 8.5/10 review.
The game was later released on Steam, PS4, PS Vita, and in a much stripped-down version on iOS and Android, not to mention a couple of releases on less relevant platforms. For multiple wrong reasons, it took just under two years and half to bring it to Xbox One, which is the last (but not least!) system on which the game will be released in its present version.
Microsoft joined Sony in its distaste for profanity in game titles and, just like Sony had done for the PS4 and PS Vita versions, requested the game to be renamed from “Bombing Bastards” to “Bombing Busters”. Even with its sterilized title, the game still does feature a few mild profanities within its texts and voiceover, thus prompting PEGI 12 and ESRB E10+ ratings.
Bombing Busters is priced at $6.99 USD.