Apart from some Art, UI and bug fixing, the patch has been entirely focused on add some balance to the current game-scene, nerfing some champions while buffing some others who had been tuned down before. Here is the reason:
"With this patch we aim to smooth out current outliers in terms of Champion strength, without changing how rites or Champions work in substantial ways. We want to open up for additional choices at both the BPL Dreamhack finals and in general play, without stirring up the current state of the game dramatically."
Hence, not many champions have been touched, and the changes have not been life-wrecking, however, some still hurt a little:
"For Alysia we address her strong damage output slightly by adjusting some of her most popular rites. In addition it will no longer be as easy for her to apply a high duration Chill to enemies in close quarters."
- Arctic Wind (Space)
- Tooltip now shows Chill duration that is inflicted when using Arctic Wind
- Ice Breaker (M2)
- No longer deals bonus damage
- Twirl (Space)
- The second jump no longer inflicts Chill
- Snowstorm (E)
- Damage reduced from 6 x 2 (total 12) to 5 x 2 (total 10)
"Bakko sees a change to his newest rite in order to make it a bit more reliable and controllable."
- Hold the Line (Q)
- The first attack blocked with Bulwark now grants a shield absorbing 14 damage for 3s to the closest nearby ally and yourself, as opposed to a shield absorbing 18 to the closest ally with the least health.
- Rampage (R)
- Haste factor increased from 15% to 20%
- Plasma Booster (E)
- Fixed an issue where the shield gained through entering Plasma Wall would overwrite any shield gained through Transform Weapon
"Iva has a very strong and versatile utility role in the current meta, something we want to preserve overall. However, with these changes she should be a little easier to pin down."
- Rocket Boosters (Space)
- Haste factor reduced from 40% to 35%
- Haste duration reduced from 2.5s to 2s
- Blast Shield (Q)
- Fading Haste factor reduced from 25% to 20%
- Hunting Arrow (M1)
- Energy gain reduced from 9% to 8%
- Rain of Arrows (Q)
- Total energy gain reduced from 10% (4% from initial hit, 3 x 2% percent per subsequent damage dealt) to 7% (4% from initial hit, 3 x 1% per subsequent damage dealt)
- Sands of Time (M1)
- Fixed an issue where Sands of Time would pass through Ice Crown
- Time Walker (Q)
- Now reduces cooldown of Shifting Sands by 3/1.5/0.75s per attack negated instead of for 3s per attack negated
- Recreate (Space)
- Damage absorbed by the shields granted reduced from 16 to 14
"This change to Pearl will remove some of her strength in 2v2 and as a singular surviving champion, without affecting her performance in 3v3 in any significant way."
- Healing Wave (M2)
- Cooldown increased from 5s to 6s
- Cooldown reduction per ally increased from 1.5s to 2s
"There’s no denying that Rook became a powerhouse with his latest changes. We feel like he is approaching a role of play that could be interesting, but the value he currently offers is indeed a bit over the top. For this patch we’re toning down what he currently gains from most of his popular rites."
- Weapon Break (M2)
- Damage reduction reduced from 33% to 25%
- No longer grants bonus damage
- Rook Smash (M2)
- Bonus damage reduced from 6 to 4
- Endurance (Space)
- Cooldown reduction on hit reduced from 2s to 1s
- Giant (Q)
- Damage reduction reduced from 30% to 25%
- Crumble (E)
- No longer deals bonus damage
- Mind Game (EX Space)
- Damage increased from 8 to 10
- Portal (Q)
- Max cast range increased from 8 to 9
For more details, don't hesitate to visit the official blog.