Welcome to Keen Cast, KeenGamer’s official podcast! Join Sean Rehbein, David Lozada, and Tim Ronan as they discuss the week’s hottest news stories and dissect the latest controversy shaking up the video game industry. In our fourth episode, we talk about the Ooblets fiasco and the importance of good public relation strategies in the video game industry. When all is said and done, do developers really owe anything to the people that helped fund their project?
We also discuss Call of Duty: Modern Warfare‘s latest controversy, Riot’s upcoming fighting game, the adorable SkateBIRD, and our love of Sean’s mom. Oh, and we attempt to understand what exactly this Fortnite thing is about. Check out links and timestamps to all of our topics below:
- Arc System Works releases a Kill la Kill game and tells people not to stream the story mode (00:18:13)
- Rockstar North does not pay UK corporation taxes (00:31:33)
- Character trailer leaked for Street Fighter V on Steam (00:43:18)
- Fortnite mega streamer Ninja says he’s leaving Twitch for Mixer (00:50:50)
- PS4 becomes fastest home console to reach 100 million sales (01:04:26)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare developer addresses white phosphorus controversy (01:14:35)
- Riot confirms it is working on a fighting game (01:24:59)
- SkateBIRB game denied place on Epic Games Store because they also want to be on Steam (01:35:51)
Topic of the Show:
Do developers owe anything to their backers? (01:44:24)
Please also admire Sean’s image below:
Nail in the Coffin – Our official consensus – 02:11:07
Also check us out on Spotify!
Do you have suggestions? You can email the show at [email protected]