ESO which stands for The Elder Scrolls Online is a MMORPG that is developed by ZeniMax Online Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. That massive game is available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One/X/S, Stadia, Windows and OS X.
There are many different useful AddOns that you must install to make The Elder Scrolls Online easier to play and support yourself with a more detailed UI. Those “must have” AddOns will be mentioned in another article. Before telling more about those efficient files, let’s begin learning how to install them to our game. First of all, you should know the fact that there are two different ways to do that: manually and with the help of an application. Let’s start with learning how to install AddOns manually.
Installing AddOns Manually
- Firstly, you have to decide which AddOns you wish to install. After deciding that on ESOUI which is the website of a community that may help your journey on ESO by AddOns and guides, simply download it or them.
- Secondly, you need to extract the files to a folder which is located on your desktop.
- Afterwards, open the ESO folder.
- If you are PC user, keep following this path. If not, let’s check the point below. The default location is C:\Users\< username >\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\; in addition, there is another way to find the location which is to paste %userprofile%\documents into File Explorer.
- If you are an ESO player on Macintosh, the location is /Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/
- The next thing you need to do is to create a folder which is titled as “AddOns” in the “live” folder. (You can just skip that part on the condition that you already have that folder.)
- Open the AddOns folder that you have just created.
- Here’s the last thing you need to do, which is to copy the files that you have already extracted into the AddOns folder.
Installing AddOns by Minion
- First of all, visit the related website, then download and install Minion.
- Secondly, after opening the application, it will scan your drives. Some players just let it scan the drive in which The Elder Scrolls Online is located. However, doing that brings some errors and you cannot install the AddOns properly. Therefore, make sure that it has scanned all your drives in order to work properly.
- After the Minion application has found the folder of The Elder Scrolls Online, basically visit the section “Find More” and then download the AddOns that you desire.
- Minion is an application that automatically does everything you have to do on manual installation. Therefore, the only thing you need to do is to click the “Install” button. In addition to those, if an AddOn needs updating, simply open Minion and you will see the “Update” button.
Things to Pay Attention to
- It does not matter how you have installed the AddOns. Some AddOns require extra backup AddOns in order for proper working. Those are called “Libraries” and you can find those files on the details of an AddOn on both ESOUI and Minion.
- After installing all the required files, make sure that you have activated the AddOns and allowed “Out of Date AddOns”. Otherwise, some crucial files will not work and you will not be able to use the AddOns that you have installed.
- If you install an AddOn while you are logged in, you do not have to restart the game. You just need to type /reloadui in the chat and press enter. It is that simple.
And here’s the end of this guide. Hope it has worked for you. Lastly, I wish you great experience on The Elder Scrolls Online with efficient AddOns.