Need a Red Dead Redemption 2 100% compilation guide?
Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic journey that can easily take upwards of 90 hours to complete. To make thing a little easier for those who have decided to take the long journey towards gaining the full experience, this RDR2 100% completion guide will give you new life. This checklist is split into five sections – Missions & strangers, compendium, miscellaneous, player achievements & collectibles. You can keep an eye on how well you’re doing by checking out the progress section found in the pause menu.
(There are spoilers for Red Dead Redemption 2 in this guide.)
To achieve 100% in Red Dead Redemption 2 you must focus on the following:
Missions, Events & Strangers
- Complete all 107 story missions.
- Get Bushwhacked once. (These events happen randomly throughout the game.)
- Find & capture all 6 gang hideouts.
- Have 25 chance encounters with people. (Chance encounters represented by grey dots on the map.)
- Complete 5 sheriff bounties (shown as bounty posters on the map).
- Meet & complete 10 stranger missions.
- Discover 50 animals.
- Collect 10 pieces of equipment.
- Discover 10 species of fish.
- Encounter all 6 gangs.
- Discover 10 horse breeds.
- Forage 20 plant types.
- Discover 48 (out of 59) weapons.
- Find 5 shacks.
- Hunt 5 legendary animals.
- Complete 1 game of each table game. (Blackjack, poker, dominos & five finger fillet.)
- Take 1 bath.
- Attend 1 show.
- Attend the theatre in Saint Danis.
- Cook 6 recipes.
- Commit 4 robberies.
- Reach maximum level in health, stamina & dead eye.
- Reach maximum bonding level with you horse.
- Complete all 9 challenge categories – Master Hunter, Bandit, Survivalist, Sharpshooter, Gambler, Explorer, Horseman, Herbalist & Weapons Expert.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is teeming with collectibles and you’ll need to find everything mentioned below in order to achieve 100% in RDR2. To save you some time we’ve included videos to help you find these items quickly.
- Visit 1 point of interest – These are found all over the world and simply require you to pay close attention to the beautiful world Rockstar has created.
- Visit 9 graves of fallen comrades – This cannot be completed until you enter the epilogue of the RDR2’s story.
- Complete 1 cigarette card set – There are 12 card sets in total, but only one set is required for 100% completion in RDR2.
- Collect all 30 dinosaur bones – Once you meet the paleontologist, Deborah MacGuinnes, as part of the stranger achievement, you’ll get access to this mission.
- Catch 13 legendary fish – Once you meet Jeremy Gill, he’ll give you a map with the location of thirteen legendary fish. You can mail these fish via visiting a train station post office, receiving payment in return.
- Collect 6 exotic items – The eccentric botanist Algernon Wasp will give you a list of exotic items to find across the world.
- Find 10 rock carvings – This achievement is triggered by meeting Francis Sinclair. He is very insistent about finding ten rock carvings around the world. This mission has a great ending and I recommend doing it even if you’re not trying to achieve 100% in RDR2.
- Complete 5 hunting requests – You can find these requests at train stations & post offices around the world. Note that the final one can’t be completed until the game’s epilogue.
- Find 1 treasure – Around the world you’ll meet several treasure hunters who will give you treasure maps whether they want to or not. Just find one of these treasures to get this achievement.
- Collect all 20 dreamcatchers – Hidden in the trees of RDR2 you can find dreamcatchers. Collect all twenty and get access to an ancient secret.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is one beautiful beast of a game! We hope this RDR2 100% completion guide helps you. Make sure to check out our review & if you’re ready to saddle your horse & ride into the world of RDR2, you can get the game on PS4 & Xbox One. A PC version is also possibly on its way.