Nintendo has a cherished tradition of hiding collectibles in their first-party titles. Over the years, these hidden treasures have given completionists nightmares, forcing them to leave no corner unperturbed. The latest example is with Luigi’s Mansion 3, with each floor in the hotel having six hidden gems to find. Collecting them all could provide a shiny trophy, so what’s the harm in taking one’s time going through each floor? This debut edition will cover the first six floors in the game and where to find all hidden gems within.
- Silver Gem – In the parking garage, there is a vehicle with a sheet over it to the right of Professor E. Gadd’s laboratory. Suck the sheet off to reveal a button. Use the flash feature to open the trunk.
- Red Gem – On the left side of the parking garage is a barred room. Use Gooigi to pass through it, then turn to the left where one will find a circuit breaker box on the wall. Use the plunger to pull it open and reveal a button, then flash it to unhinge the red hidden gem.
- Blue Gem – On the upper-right side of the parking garage, one can find a vent that can be removed using the plunger. Going inside will reveal a secret room that has stairs leading to a higher level. Once climbed, use Gooigi to fall through an opening on the top-left portion of the platform to get to the in-between floor holding the hidden gem.
- Green Gem – In the laundry room, use the plunger to open the door to the washing machine between two others.
- Purple Gem – In the main hallway, use the shadow light function on the painting of the gem to release it.
- Yellow Gem – Just before the door which leads to the first floor, an opening in the floor can be accessed with Gooigi to a secret area below.
- Silver Gem – Use the shadow light feature on the left-most side of the room to uncover a hidden couch underneath the window. Once materialized, a crystal ghost will reveal itself. Defeat it to acquire the hidden gem.
- Red Gem – On the right side of the lobby is a podium adorned with a gear-shaped fixture. Use the plunger to rotate the gear, revealing the hidden gem inside the painting above it.
- Blue Gem – Climb the stairs and follow the path to the left, then walk all the way down. Use the blow feature on the poltergust to unfurl the carpet and reveal a secret opening in the ground. With Gooigi, go down the opening and get just behind the hidden gem within the frame and use the air blast to knock it out.
- Green Gem – Right next to the elevator is a pot with a plant constricting a hidden gem. Use the plunger to slam it to the ground, destroying it.
- Purple Gem – In the center of the lobby, use the air blast to access the mailroom and flash the button on the right side.
- Yellow Gem – Near the entrance are two slightly-rising platforms. Place Luigi and Gooigi on top of them, which lowers the chandelier above. Use their combined suction to spin it until it drops the yellow hidden gem.
- Silver Gem – On the right-side bathroom, use the plunger to destroy the right-most door leading to a newspaper suspended in mid-air. Suck up the newspaper to reveal a crystal ghost; defeat it to acquire the hidden gem.
- Red Gem – In the room where Professor E. Gadd is rescued, use the poltergust’s suction to spin the chandelier above Luigi’s head, which reveals a secret room to the left.
- Blue Gem – In the kitchen, use the plunger to open the left-side metallic door to a freezer section. Once inside, suck towards the left to find a giant block of ice with a hidden gem inside. Use the stoves in the kitchen to melt it. (Note: if the stoves are turned off, you can switch them back on by pressing ‘X’ on the right side of the counter.)
- Green Gem – In the dressing room, suck up the clothes on the left-side hanging rack to reveal a safe with a flashing button. Use the flash to open it.
- Purple Gem – Inside the billiards room on the right side is an attached coat of arms. Use the suction to jar loose a single sword. Once attached, go towards the top portion of the room to have the dartboard open; once so, shoot the sword at the dartboard.
- Yellow Gem – Just before the entrance to the dining hall, there are two fans that can be suctioned to turn lights on overhead. Use the plunger to destroy the sign blocking the way of the left-side fan, then bring out Gooigi to suction both fans simultaneously.
- Silver Gem – Below the spade-adorned building (around the bushes) lies an opening that can be accessed via air blast. Follow the path until it leads into a secret room containing a treasure.
- Red Gem – In the heart-adorned building, use the plunger on the mannequin torso to reveal a secret room to the left.
- Blue Gem – Use the flash on the vending machine next to the cop ghost’s office multiple times.
- Green Gem – Use the shadow light feature to the left of the diamond-adorned building to reveal a secret ladder. Climbing it will reveal a path to a treasure—just be careful of bats along the way.
- Purple Gem – In the accessible bathroom, use the shadow light to reveal an opening in the floor, then use Gooigi to go down it. While down there, use suction on a lever to prevent water from leaking into the adjacent bathroom. Switch back to Luigi and use the plunger on a grate on the wall to uncover a passageway to the other bathroom. Use Gooigi again to access it and collect the purple hidden gem.
- Yellow Gem – In the diamond-adorned room, use the air blast to knock the metal suitcases off of the middle platform. Once on the floor, plunger the briefcases and slam them against the glass cases against the top wall to gain access to the hidden gem.
- Silver Gem – In the left-side bathroom, use the shadow light to reveal a second sink faucet. Once materialized, a crystal ghost will appear; defeat it to acquire the silver hidden gem.
- Red Gem – In the hidden room to the left of the grand stage, use the shadow light on the grand piano to completely restore it, then interact with it to have the hidden gem appear.
- Blue Gem – Inside the room separated by the boo face, blow each bottle individually from left to right to open the safe.
- Green Gem – (Note: Can only be found after acquiring the super suction power-up to the poltergust.) On the grand stage is a partially noticeable panel that one can air blast to reveal a hidden outlet. Use the super suction power-up to suck up the back wall to reveal a ghost orchestra. Capturing them all will reveal a transportable television set; interacting with it will transport Luigi up to the left-side rafters, where sucking up various items will reveal the green hidden gem.
- Purple Gem – Just outside the elevator is a giant display tuba. Use the blow function to have the tuba play and suspend the purple hidden gem in mid-air. Use Gooigi while keeping Luigi blowing and suck up the gem.
- Yellow Gem – To the left-most portion of the main hallway is a popcorn machine. Flash it multiple times.
- Silver Gem – On the balcony outside Professor E. Gadd’s hotel room is a telescope one can interact with. Look through it and wait for about five seconds. A crystal ghost will appear in front of the view and jumpscare the player. Defeat it to acquire the hidden gem.
- Red Gem – Gain access to the right side of the floor by using Luigi and Gooigi’s combined strength to plunge a couch out of the way. Use the shadow light along the walls to uncover the original rooms used by Peach, Mario, and Luigi. In Peach’s room, use the shadow light again along the back wall to reveal a secret path to an outside balcony. Once outside, follow the path to the right until a gargoyle statue comes into view. The red hidden gem is placed in its mouth.
- Blue Gem – Gain access to the secret laundry room by plunging the vending machine out of the way. When inside, use the plunger again on a vent found along the top-left portion of the room, revealing a hidden compartment.
- Green Gem – Between rooms 505 and 506 are two pedestals holding a solid sphere and a monster-like bust. Suck up the solid sphere and shoot it at the bust to unveil the green hidden gem.
- Purple Gem – In the bathroom adjacent to room 507, suck up a sheet in the top-left portion of the room which hides a secret passageway. Remove the obstacles from the right side of the room and use Gooigi to seep through the damaged wall.
- Yellow Gem – Gain access to the right side of the floor by using Luigi and Gooigi’s combined strength to plunge a couch out of the way. Use the shadow light along the walls to uncover the original rooms used by Peach, Mario, and Luigi. In Mario’s room, access the connected bathroom and use Gooigi to slip through an opening on the floor. Once down there, use the plunger to remove wooden planks from a central lever that controls the plumbing. Use suction to turn the lever the other way, then switch back to Luigi and blow the levers on the bathtub to fill it with water. A yellow container will drop out of the tub, and slamming it into the ground will free the hidden gem inside.
That’ll be all for this portion! If you have any further questions or something seems unclear, feel free to comment and ask below. And for what we thought of the game itself, feel free to read our official review!