Game failed to launch:
- Verify the game cache files and restore the missing files.
- If you are using a 32 Bit you can not play. 32 bit operating system is not supported as it requires at least 8 Gigs of RAM.
Game gets stuck on loading screen:
This happens because of missing / corrupt files. Often it’s because of your Anti-virus program so disable it. Also verify the integrity of game cache files in Steam. Restore the missing files and install the game.
Mouse acceleration issue:
It is not an unknown problem and lots of players have it these days not just in Fallout 4. Easy fix is:
- Go to: C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\
- Open Fallout4config and change iPresentInterval=1 to iPresentInterval=0 and do the same with Fallout4prefs (here also change bForceIgnoreSmoothness=0 change that tobForceIgnoreSmoothness=1)
Game crashes to desktop on startup or you get some random crashes:
It’s not possible to say exactly what is wrong but the most common issues are:
- Crashing on startup
- Crashing during the game.
- Crashes after few minutes of gameplay
- Crash after changing the settings.
The biggest chance is that you need to update your drivers because they could be incompatible and you need to fix it by reinstalling them. Download them manually (for your GPU, Motherboard and other) or download Driver Scanner or other software to let it scan you computer and reinstall everything.
Fallout 4 stuttering issues fix:
Some players are complaining that they are facing stuttering issues (short lags) during their gameplay.
- Reinstall your drivers as said above.
- Disable V-sync and switch from windowed mode to full screen.
Remove FPS cap in Fallout 4 :
To remove FPS cap in Fallout 4 PC version you must change the preferences in the config file at:
documents\my games\fallout 4\Fallout4Prefs.ini
Set iPresetinterval to 0. We recommend to make a backup of the file.
What the hell is xlive.dll / xinput1_3.dll ?
Lots of people have been complaining about this issue since the Fallout 4 release and the issues are still making troubles. Simplest solution is the DLL file Fixer.
- Download Dll-Files fixer.
- Do a system scan to fix all the registre errors. It’s not necessary but helps often.
- “Install DLL files” tab. You can see it at the top.
- Write the name of the dll file in the search tab. The fixer will automatically install the file in required location so you can head back to the game and start killing mutants again :-).
How to skip Intro videos?
Easy fix. Go to C:\Users\[name]\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\ and open up Fallout4.ini and under [General] add:
Then in the same folder open Fallout4Prefs.ini and again under [General] add:
Credits: Gabi ( Steam user )
How to reduce lags and increase FPS?
If you have a Nvidia card, make the following tweaks in the Nvidia control panel:
- Set the “power management mode” to “prefer maximum performance” in 3D settings.
- Set CUDA-GPUs to “All” if it’s not
- Enable triple buffering, threaded optimization and textured filtering.
If even after this the lag persists, then try to set high priority to the game in Task Manager. Right click at the bottom panel, Task Manager, find the process, right click on it and then you can set higher priority for the game,
Do you have big lags on laptop?
- If you meet the minimum requirements with your laptop then you could be playing using the integrated GPU. So switch from it to your added Nvidia or AMD gpu.
Do you get Disk write error?
- Go to Start > My computer
- Locate the hard drive Steam is installed on. By default, this is C:
- Right-click this drive, select Properties.
- Choose the Tools tab.
- In the Error-checking category, click Check now…
- In the next dialog, check “Automatically fix file system errors” and “Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.”
- Click Start.
When the scan is complete you must restart your computer.
How to solve x3d_audio_7 module crash?
- Log into Steam
- In your library right-click on Fallout 4
- Select “Settings”, then “Betas” and a drop-down menu will appear; select the “beta – 1.1.30 Beta Update”.
- Click “OK” and you will have to wait several minutes and let Fallout 4 to update.
- After the update you should see instead of Fallout 4 new title “Fallout 4 [beta]” in your Library.
- Run the game.
You have no save folder in the Library error?
- Create a new folder in the “C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Saves”
- After you create that folder, go back to “C:\Users\UserName\Documents” and right click the folder “My Games”.
- After go to Properties>Security>Advanced and check that everything is set up as full control access.
- Windows 8.1+ unfortunately have a “Read Only” Access that stops you or programs making these changes.
Settings not saved?
- Go to the launcher using Steam and set your preferred graphics and settings.
- Exit that menu and go into GeForce Experience. There change the resolution as you want and set it also se borderless window.
How to fix “Fallout 4 has Stopped Working”?
- Launch the game in a compatibility mode.
- Right-click on game executable file, hit properties and under Compatibility, set it to either Windows Vista SP2 or Windows XP SP3 compatibility.
- Re-validate the game files if you play the game through Steam.
Fallout 4 freezing issues:
First double-check that your computer meets the minimum requirements. Your PC components could be overheated and the whole computer could be frozen because of this. So either lower your game details or get a better computer.
What if your cursor doesn’t show up in the menu?
- Open Fallout4Prefs.ini (located in C:\Users\[name]\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\), then scroll down to:
- and change it to: bGamepadEnable=0