Mihoyo started the beta testing of Genshin Impact‘s 2.3 Update. One of the new characters has leaked to the public: Arataki Itto. Itto is a 5-Star Geo character in beta. This character preview will detail Arataki Itto’s skills, talent, constellations, and general capabilities before he’s finally, fully released.
For some Genshin Impact guides, take a look at some of the following articles:
- Genshin Impact: How To Increase Adventurer Rank Quickly – Get your Adventurer Rank up and explore all the game has to offer!
- 6 Beginner Mistakes to Avoid When Starting Genshin Impact – Avoid these mistakes to get better at knowing the game!
- Genshin Impact: Tips for Team Building – Make the most out of your team of characters!
- Genshin Impact Character Guide: Hu Tao – You how to best use Hu Tao!
- Genshin Impact: Basic Weapon Guide – Understand the basics to using weapons!
Itto’s General Information
- Rarity: 5-Star
- Tier: S
- Element: GeoPyro
- Position: DPS
- Weapon: Claymore
First, let’s look at Itto’s normal attack:
Normal Attack (Fight Club Legend)
- Every 4th attack stacks a buff called “Superlative Superstrength” (SS)
- Special Charged Attack called Arataki Kesagiri; each use consumes one stack of (SS)
The Special Charge Attack, Arataki Kesagiri, is the main source of damage for Itto. All of the mechanisms to his character are related to Arataki Kesagiri, like his Elemental Skill.
Elemental Skill (Masatsu Zetsugi: Akaushi Burst!)
Summons a Geo construction – Ushi, which can:
- Taunts surrounding opponents and attracts their fire.
- Inherits HP based on a percentage of Arataki’s Max HP.
- When attacked, it will provide Arataki Itto himself with 1 Superlative Superstrength stack. 1 stack can be gained this way once every 2 seconds.
- It will flee when its HP reaches 0 or its duration ends. It will grant 1 stack of Superlative Superstrength as it leaves.
The most useful side of the Elemental Skill is to provide extra (SS) buff, which results in further use of Itto’s Special Charge Attack.
Now, let’s have a look at Itto’s Elemental Burst:
Elemental Skill (Royal Descent: Behold, Itto the Evil!)
Itto turns into Raging Oni King mode.
- Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attacks will be converted to Geo DMG. This cannot be overridden.
- Itto’s ATK will be increased based on his DEF. His Normal Attack SPD will also be increased.
- The first, second, and third combos of his Normal Attack will grant Itto 1 stack of Superlative Superstrength when they hit opponents.
- Itto gains 20% Elemental and Physical RES.
Essentially, Itto’s Elemental Skill is a buff that can infuse his attack with Geo element, make all of his attacks stack (SS), and provide Itto an ATK bonus based on Itto’s DEF. This ensures that DEF is one of the most important stats for Itto. DEF is emphasized in his talents, too, in the following ways:
- Arataki Ichiban – Consecutive Arataki Kesagiri stacks ATK SPD buff.
- Bloodline of the Crimson Oni – Arataki Kesagiri DMG is increased by 35% of Arataki ltto’s DEF.
- Warrior’s Burden – For a short time after using Masatsu Zetsugi: Akaushi Burst! or performing a dash, Itto’s Normal Attack combo will not be reset.
You can see the full description of Itto’s Skills and Talents on Genshin Lab.
As a Genshin Impact player, the most concerning side of a character is – What about their constellations? (How much should I prepare to pay for Itto?) Itto’s constellations are as below (C3 and C5 are not mentioned as they are common constellations for increasing the max level of ES and EB):
Using Royal Descent: Behold Itto the Evil! provides Arataki Itto with further buffs to Superlative Superstrength.
- Using it will grant Arataki Itto 2 stacks instead.
- From the first second of the skill’s use, 1 stack will be added on until a total of 3 have been added.
The mechanism of this constellation is that Itto no longer needs to stack (SS) before using Elemental Burst. Itto can use EB anytime.
- After using Royal Descent: Behold Itto the Evil!, each party member whose Element is Geo will decrease that skill’s CD by 1.5s and restore 6 Energy to Arataki Itto. A maximum of 6s CD can be decreased and 24 Energy restored in this manner.
We can see that the developers encourage Itto teaming up with three Geo teammates. This can reduce Itto’s ES CD from 20s to 14s and Energy required from 80 to 56. This is a very important Constellation if you want Itto to be your main DPS.
(Video by AbnormalBeing.)
- While in the Raging Oni King state caused by Royal Descent: Behold Itto the Evil!, Itto has a 25% higher CRIT rate against opponents with equal or lower HP percentage remaining than him.
This constellation is simple. It’s nothing more than a 25% CRIT rate buff.
- Arataki ltto’s Charged Attacks deal 50% increased Crit DMG. Additionally, when he uses Arataki Kesagiri, he has a 50% chance to not consume stacks of Superlative Superstrength.
This constellation is straightforward and violent. It is worth getting if you can afford it.
You can see the full description of Itto’s Constellations on Genshin Lab.
To conclude, Itto is designed as a Character which uses his Special Charge Attack to deal DMG. DEF is an important stat to him so when you farm artifacts, you have to keep those that have DEF stats. If you can C2, you should consider team him with the other three Geo characters. With this character preview, you now know all that’s necessary to mastering Arataki Itto upon his release.