First Encounter: Botza District
Need aid in conquering the Scourge of the Past raid in Destiny 2? We’ve got a step-by-step process.
- Head to the center of the district, there you will encounter an Elite Berserker, Kell’s Scourge.
- To kill him you have to make him trigger his AOE Attack. By doing this the kell will expose a vent on his back that will start glowing orange. Shoot that vent to quickly finish off the berserker.
- After this, the Elite will drop an energy ball called “Radiant Battery”. Grab that battery and dunk it into a nearby fallen equipment.
- After that, the equipment will show a map of Botza.
- The map will track your fireteam, energy bubbles and ominous red triangles in real-time.
- The red triangles are Elite berserkers and will have a red ball over their map marker.
- One player needs to stay in this area and call out the locations of the berserker that has the ball to the rest of his/her fireteam.
- Killing these berserkers will spawn batteries and each battery corresponds to a number that’s only visible via the map.
- You will know which battery will go where; by the number of glowing squares above the markers on the maps.
- The player that holds a battery with three squares needs to be directed towards the bubble with three squares.
- Keep in mind that servitors will spawn by the generators to block you so those holding the batteries need another guy to clear them out.
- Also, keep in mind that once you deposit a battery you cannot pick up another one for two minutes so you have to switch roles from depositor to defender with your teammate.
- After depositing all the batteries, you’ve cleared the first encounter. Grab the loot and head to the second encounter.
Second Encounter: Sewer Maze
After completing the first encounter a bubble will open leading into a sewer. Jump into the sewer and look for a stone hole broken through the wall that will lead you to the next area. The sewer is like a maze that has scattered lamps.
You can turn these lamps on and off to create a breadcrumb for your fireteam to follow or you can use them to mark areas you have already been to and the remaining dark hallways could lead to an exit.
You will know you’re in the right spot when you spot a pile of broken machinery and huge rubble on the ground, past that is a square opening on the wall that leads to massive pipes.
Third Encounter: Botza Underground
Follow the path until you reach a Fallen walker, you will spot two terminals here. Two players need to time their melee and hit the terminals at the same time. After doing this equip your sparrow and rush through the obstacles. The area will have linear pipes, rotating gates and a lot of enemies shooting at you so avoid all those and rush towards the end.
Don’t slow down because a massive flaming servitor is chasing you and will burn you alive if you stop. When you reach a ramp just hop off your sparrow and leap over it.
If you.miss a jump, just dismount from your sparrow mid-air and try to use double jump to reach the other side. Just make sure you immediately spawn back on your sparrow.
After this you will reach a dead end, two of your fireteam members need to hop off their sparrow and look for panels that will be ride beside the door you just entered.
- Just melee them to close the door behind and stop that flaming servitor from wiping the fireteam.
- Head straight now and you will reach a room filled with columns. Look up and you will spot several cracked opening. One of them lead to a dead end and the one with Fallen banners and metal scaffolding will lead to the exit.
- To navigate in this room you have to jump on the pipes hanging on the columns.
Fourth Encounter: Insurrection Prime – Phase One
You will see a Holographic hand print door, just melee strike both terminals at the same time. A Massive door will open leading to an outdoor area. The first thing you will encounter here is an elite servitor. Just kill it, doing this will lower down energy barriers that will lead to an underground area.
This area will also have a handprint analyzer as before. The only thing different here is that the device will now have symbols. A cube, a sphere, and a pyramid.
- Just assign one player to each terminal. The remaining three should be on the top side clearing adds and to kill another elite servitor that will spawn.
- Two of the three terminals will show symbols while the third will be out of order. Assign two players to melee the terminals to gain a buff.
- Once you gain the buff the energy barrier will reform and the player on the topside need to kill the elite servitor.
- Once the servitor is killed the terminals will reactivate. Now the three guardians have to decide if they want to rotate clockwise or anti-clockwise because the buff won’t allow the players to stand close to each other. if they do they will die.
- Just find your symbol and melee it. Repeat the process until all three players have a stack of a single buff.
- When everyone has 2x stack rejoin the group topside. Each player with the buff needs to go to a glowing plate around the inner circle of the arena and dunk their buff in the machine.
- The guy on the topside with the map can direct you where the plates are located on the map. If the navigator is having trouble then the green dot on the map is where the plates are located.
- Depositing your charge will spawn a tank. Use them to shoot at the large machine in the middle of the map. Avoid the fallen aerial bombardment. Keep doing this until the machine health is down. After this, the final phase will begin.
Final Encounter: Insurrection Prime – Phase Two
For this final encounter, you have to repeat the same thing you did in Phase One.
Another Berserker will spawn and you have to kill him, steal his battery, take the charge back where you entered and place it into the generator. Another map will spawn and you will need to repeat the same process. But what makes it different is that whoever is standing by the map calling out the location has to shoot at Insurrection Prime, Kell’s Scourge. This massive boss is covered in a glowy weak point.
The guy calling out the location can use a sniper or a Linear- Fusion rifle to blow these glowing weak points away while the other players are dropping off their orbs. Once you deposit enough charges the Insurrection Prime will reveal its actual weak point which is a servitor built into its core.
You can make this easy with the help of another tank that will spawn. But that’s not it the Insurrection Prime will begin floating the air and will be ready to pound the ground dealing a huge AOE attack that can wipe the entire fireteam.
Get two players ready to move behind the Insurrection Prime and hit it in the back. Doing this will reveal two jetpacks which are weak points. Destroy them to stop the Insurrection Prime from stomping on the ground.
Keep repeating the same process to take down the Insurrection Prime. Once you do that just enter a huge hole on the floor that will be in the middle of the map. Just enter it and collect your loot. Congratulation, you’ve completed the Scourge of the Past Raid.
If you get stuck on any part and don’t know what to do. Just check out Mtashed Video guide on how to complete the raid:
For more guides on Destiny 2, be sure to check out our official game page.