The newest Pokémon Go themed event, Season of Hidden Gems began on June 1st. This event will run all the way till September 1st. Given the length of this event like the last season events in Pokémon Go, there is a lot happening between now and then. Players will gain access to new Pokémon, new cosmetic items, and plenty of research events.
As the name implies, Season of Hidden Gems has a rock and gems feel. Pokémon Spawns have changed from what they were last season. Which is good news for anyone tired of what was appearing before.
With plenty of new features, some new Pokémon to catch, and a couple quality of life updates there is a lot to look forward to in the upcoming months. Let’s take a look and see what Season of Hidden Gems has to offer.
Remote Raid Update
First up is an update to Remote Raid Passes. There have been several changes to how these function since they were added two years ago. Many of these changes have been controversial and caused community outcry. Despite the problems with these items, it is looking like this newest update is a positive one.
Remote Raid Pass damage boosts are now permanent. While this seems like a minor change, every season prior to this one has either weakened the damage or boosted it. As a result, Remote Raid Passes have been inconsistent in usefulness. For many players, especially in rural areas, Remote Raid Passes are a vital part of their raiding experience. Now that the damage boost is permanent, they will be a consistent option to do some raids.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like the price of Remote Raid Passes will be lowered in the store. And there don’t appear to be any changes to the limit on how many can be used per day. In the end, while this is one welcome change, there are still some problems with Remote Raid Passes.
Season of Hidden Gems Bonuses
Like all prior seasons, Season of Hidden Gems will grant several bonuses for the next several months. Here is what to look forward to. Make sure to use these bonuses as best you can while they are available.
- One additional Special Trade every single day. Normally only one of these is possible a day. Best of all, there will be a few other events the next couple months that also offer this bonus. The upcoming Axew Community Day is one such event where Trainers will get up to three special trades.
- As if trading wasn’t already lucrative enough with the special trade bonus, trainers will also receive an additional candy with each trade. This includes non special trades of course. This season is a great time to trade with friends and try to get better stats on Pokémon when you do.
- For Trainers at level 31 and up, trading will grant one guaranteed XL Candy. Given how rare this item is, its clear that trainers should do as many trades as possible during the event.
Go Battle League Season 15
For the entire Season of Hidden Gems, Season 15 PVP will run alongside it. There will be new cups where different Pokémon will get their chance to shine. Some Pokémon will be getting move updates giving them a chance to be more useful for trainers. Of course, a new PVP Season means new rank up rewards as well.
Several new Pokémon will appear in Pokémon Go for the first time in Season of Hidden Gems. How relevant they will all be in game is yet to be seen, but trainers should try and catch them all.
First up is Sandygast, the Sand Heap Pokémon, as well as its evolved form Palossand, the Sand Castle Pokémon. They will both make an appearance during the Water Festival 2023: Beach Week event which starts June 6th and runs until June 12th.
These Ground and Ghost type Pokémon first appeared in Generation 7 in the Alola Region. Don’t let their appearance as sandcastles fool you. Like many other ghosts, they are capable of cursing and possessing people.
But those are not the only Pokémon being added in Season of Hidden Gems. Carbink, the Jewel Pokémon will also be making its debut. It fits the season’s theme perfectly. How trainers will obtain this Rock Fairy Type Pokémon is currently unknown. But given prior events, its likely to be tied to a research task.
Shadows Raids are back for another go. Fighting Team Go Rocket rewards Shadow Shards. When a trainer gets enough, they can be combined into Purified Gems. This item can help immensely against 5 Star Shadow Raids.
1 and 3 Star Shadow Raids are available daily. But for trainers who want a greater challenge, on the weekends, 5 Star Shadow Raids will appear. For Season of Hidden Gems, Shadow Articuno will be the raid boss. At least at first. For the first time, Shadow Articuno will be a possible shiny. But it might take some luck to encounter one.
Pokémon Go Fest is an event that happens once a year over several weeks. The first several weeks, this event will happen in specific cities. Meanwhile the final week of the event will happen world wide.
For the first weekend of Go Fest, which takes place August 4th, 5th, and 6th, Trainers in London, UK and Osaka, Japan will get a chance to play with special events that happen only for Go Fest in their area. Meanwhile the rest of the world will gain bonuses based on how the trainers do in completing specific tasks in those two cities.
The second weekend of Go Fest, which takes place August 18th, 19th, and 20th, Trainers in New York City, USA will get their chance to play with similar special events from the first week. Trainers will need to be in New York City to participate. But Trainers around the world will still be able to benefit from the tasks completed during Go Fest.
The final weekend of Go Fest takes place on August 26th and 27th. Unlike the first two weekends, this event will take place all over the world.
When we are closer to Go Fest, more information about the event will be provided. Once that information is available, there will be more to report.
During Season of Hidden Gems, the Research Breakthrough Pokémon have changed from what they were before. After completing Research tasks 7 times, you will have a chance of encountering either Sableye, Beldum, Audino, Furfrou, Goomy, or Noibat. While some trainers long for the days of a Legendary Pokémon reward, many of the Pokémon listed here are rare and useful in game. Best of all, every single one of the Pokémon in this pool except for Goomy has a chance to be shiny when encountered.
As has been the trend for the past season events, Season of Hidden Gems will feature several specific encounters by region in game.
- In cities, Trainers will be able to encounter Aloan Mewoth, Kadabra, Magneton, Koffing, Aipom, Galarian Zigzagoon, Patrat, and more.
- In forests, Trainers will be able to encounter Paras, Exeggutor, Scyther, Cacnea, Sewaddle, Phantump, and more.
- In mountainous areas Trainers will be able to encounter Onix, Dunsparce, Loudred, Boldore, Ferroseed, Stunfisk, Helioptile, and more.
- At beaches and near water, Trainers will be able to encounter Galarian Slowpoke, Shellder, Staryu, Pelipper, Alomomola, Binacle, Bruxish, and more.
- For the entire northern hemisphere, Trainers will be able to encounter Paras, Alolan Exeggutor, Dratini, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, and more.
- For the entire southern hemisphere, Trainers will be able to encounter Kanto Meowth, Alolan Marowak, Beldum, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, and more.
Many of the first stage Pokémon listed above can be shiny for lucky trainers. However, the Pokémon in that above list that are not a first stage cannot be shiny. Instead, Trainers will get more candy and stardust for catching them.
As far what and more refers to, many more Pokémon will still spawn. There are several factors that affect spawns, but know that the event only boosts what will spawn. It does not completely override other factors.
Encounters and Research Breakthroughs are not the only changes coming with Season of Hidden Gems. There are Egg updates as well. Keep in mind that the listed Pokémon are not the only ones appearing in these eggs.
- In 2Km eggs, Trainers can hatch Staryu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Magby, Azurill, and more.
- In 5Km eggs, Trainers can hatch Omanyte, Kabuto, Shuckle, Sableye, Roggenrola, Mareanie, and more.
- In 7Km eggs, Trainers can hatch Hisuian Growlithe, Hisuian Voltorb, Hisuian Qwilfish, Hisuian Sneasel, and more.
- In 10Km eggs, Trainers can hatch Mawile, Bagon, Emolga, Deino, and more.
- In Adventure Sync Reward 5Km eggs, Trainers can hatch Cranidos, Shieldon, Mantyke, Stunfisk, and more.
- In Adventure Sync Reward 10Km eggs, Trainers can hatch Riolu, Galarian Yamask, Goomy, Rockruff and more.
Season of Hidden Gems has a lot to offer for the next several months. And although several features of the season have been highlighted already, there are hints of even more to come. As more of the season is revealed, be sure to check back with us for more information and guides.
Now go out there Trainers and catch all the Pokémon featured in this event. And may the shiny odds ever be in your favor.