For beta backers It's now possible to play on Test server about one week before the changes will be implemented to the Live server. And many commanders are flying in a different space right now. Because the patch 1.1 is a HUGE one.
This is just a glimpse of the patch notes. To view all of them visit the official forum. After the notes are some real players experience from the current 1.1 game.
– Community Goals added
– Route planning extended to 1,000 ly
– Russian language translations added
– Add 'Discovered by' tag to system map – needs to be surfaced scanned
– Fancy new gas giant shader
– City lights on inhabited planets
– Pilots Federation rank decals
– Parallax shader for cloud layer on terrestrial planets
– Add explored system details on the right hand side of the cartographics shop
– Top benefactors support added to system map
– Prevent shadow manager trying to unregister view nodes that it never registered
– Fix a crash caused by systems with stations only orbiting non-habitable planets
– In the safety checking of the start location, make sure the body we are trying to load at exists, if it doesn't start around the largest star instead
– Prevent crash when generating star textures on low end hardware
– Prevent crash in the targetting system
– Fix possible crash entering capital ship scenarios
– Fix file load hardlock
– Fix potential crash in tutorials
– Fix a crash where limpet's parent exists but not fully created
– Don't crash when the AI looks up a ship state
– Fix crash selecting decal in livery
– Prevent softlock when a mission is progressing as a location transfer occurs
TWEAKS & FIXES
– French and German translations updated
– Fixed incorrect masses for C3 beam weapons
– Added in LOD levels for the holographic guide markers on the landing pads. This should fix the issues with the guides vanishing randomly since
there should always now be some mesh to render regardless of what LOD the parent hanger is set at
– Fix AI issues at high frame rates
– Ensure that bounty checks for correct faction
– Some optimisations for performance is busy network conditions
– Correctly scale companion stars with large in system map if they are children of a common centre of gravity
– Optimise route planner
– Skybox stars now know if they're in/behind a nebula and fade out accordingly
– When an NPC kills the player, report any claimed bounties to the webserver so they can be cleared; clear relevant bounties on client
– Fixes for some issues with docking computer:
– Slow down when on final part of descent to pad, to avoid damage; if station is rotating the chosen speed has to be greater than the rotational
velocity at the pad
………………………… and much more
Players experience so far?
There is quite a lot of discussion because some changes are not working as intended or new problems have arised.
1. Payouts in the conflict zones are not high enough
Federal fighter (and I'd imagine Imperial fighter): 1K cr
Eagle: 2K cr
Cobra: 4K cr
Viper: 5K cr
ASP: 7K cr
Federal dropship: 11K cr
Python: 13K cr
Anaconda: 18K cr (?)
2. A dev mentioned on a twitch stream that first discover isn't working in 1.1. The issue was found too late to hotfix for the beta release, so we have to wait for 1.1.1 (or whatever the next update is numbered). (Forum thread)
3. Firing lasers will get your ship hot sooner than before.
4. Missiles cannot be spammed by PvP'er as before.
5. Python was nerfed and here are the numbers (forum):
316 top speed boosted with 4 pips to motor
226 top speed cruising with 4 pips to motor
10 seconds for FA On throttle in middle of blue zone 360 rotation
8 seconds for FA Off throttle in middle of blue zone boosted 360 rotation
Tested with this loadout:
6. Some commanders complains about the docking assist graphics. There is now an arrow for direction but in general it's a little bit more messy. However not for everyone.
7. The game is much more dangerous! Many commanders agree with the following statement (forum):
So after flying about in 1.1, even after obtaining a reasonably upgraded cobra, everything seems a lot more dangerous … NPC's are tougher, the ships are weaker, and power-management is back to early beta levels of attention.
8. There are new bugs which must be fixed. Like not being possible to clear Wanted status and others. But Sandro from FD said:
I think we have a number of fixes for bounties that will be fighting to get into beta build updates, and which should hopefully sort out your issues.
9. New HUD has now dynamic lights. (forum)
10. Bounties have been decreased A LOT. Farming at rings is now not very viable. Respawn has been changed and rewards also.
In general the 1.1 Patch is a step forward but it looks like there are still many problems with balancing rewards, weapons, game difficulty and new bugs. But it's still a beginning and 1.2 Patch will bring Wings and better multiplayer. Right now if you want to buy the game and start playing it is the best time. Because when 1.2 will be released in a month you will be a hardened veteran and will enjoy new coming features much more.