After receiving a major update "Overture". Dice is planning to release a minor update that will be fixing many known issues with their game. The update will be going live on December 11 and the goal of this update is to fix crashes and many known issues. Even if the update is small, Dice is aware of many player reported issues and are working on fixing them as well. Many of these players reported issues are listed below:
Known Issues – Hot Updates
- All Platforms
- Footstep Audio
- We know there’s been some issues with the footstep audio.
- Status: We’re currently testing proposed updates and hope to roll these out soon.
- Throwing Knives are Not Accessible for Rank 9+ Recons
- Status: This is now fixed, players that are level 9 and above can claim the Throwing Knife from the Armory.
- Panzerfaust Improvements Confusion
- We realize we put a lot of emphasis on the elements we “buffed” with the Panzerfausts and not enough about the “nerfs”. The maximum damage of the Panzerfaust has dropped. In all normal cases, the Panzerfaust will take more hits to kill all tanks, making tanks more survivable. The 5 damage hits were only rare edge cases of poor hits (less than 10 damage). Yes, while they are 3x better now, it’s still only approximately 15 damage. When hitting a tank on its side, we’ve dropped the damage from approx. 50 to an estimated 25. From the rear, you used to be able to 2-shot a tank – now it takes at least 3 hits.
- Company Coin Retroactive Award (to be completed)
- Status: We’re currently investigating a proposed fix that will retroactively award players who reached Max Rank 50 prior to the recent Max Rank 50 Company Coin accrual fix (the previous issue did not allow Max Rank 50 to accrue Company Coin anymore). This retroactive award will credit player inventories with the appropriate Company Coin for time spent in game at Max Rank 50 where players were not receiving new Company Coin. Apologies on previously communicating that the retroactive award was processed – there was a miscommunication between teams. Thanks for the understanding.
- New Skin Prices
- We’ve received reports that the Company Coin prices for some skins are quite high.
- Status: We are taking a look at all prices and adjusting appropriately.
- Not Getting the Tiger I Skin for Completing War Story: The Last Tiger
- Status: We’re currently investigating. Hold tight!
- Game Crashes After Chapter 1: Overture Update
- Status: Workaround provided below.
- If you find Battlefield V is crashing post-update and you have an AMD graphics card, updating your Radeon graphics driver will make things more stable.
- We’ve had reports of crashing on AMD cards with Radeon driver version 18.11.1 in single-player and multiplayer modes. We’re working with AMD on this, but in the meantime updating to Radeon version 18.2.1 will improve things for you.
- Xbox One & PlayStation 4
- Controller Vibrations are Not Working on Grand Operations
- Controller vibrations do not work when playing Grand Operations.
- Status: We’ve identified the issue and will be fixed in an upcoming update.
- The PS4 and X1 chat logs are no longer showing up after the update.
- Status: This is a known issue. We are looking into this.