Previously explained changes
- 2v2 Ranked Solo queue will no longer be available.
- Round timer of Arena matches has been reduced from 2:00 minutes to 1:30 minutes.
- Timers of 1:30, 2:30 and 3:00 minutes has been added to the private match setting creation, being 1:30 minutes the default option.
- Cooldown reduction system on supports with their primary heal on M2 has been reworked. Now it will depend on the number of living players in a match, with global range.
- Weaken stacks now cap at 75% instead of the previous 100%.
As for the reasons behind, you can read them in our previous article.
Prehistoric items and Ancient Chests Return
If you missed the chance to get your Prehistoric Bakko (like myself) then you'll probably get hyped at the fact that all times of the same theme will become available once more, starting this July 31st. For those willing to spend gems, there will be also an offer of free Ancient Chests depending on how many you buy (5+1, or 15+5) and within them, you may find a new Legendary Outfit for Croak: The Saurian Tribal Warrior.
Finally, We'll be able to complete three weekly missions which give Ancient Chests as a reward:
-Win 15 Casual or League Rounds as a Melee Champion.
From 8:00 UTC July 31
To 8:00 UTC August 7
-Win 15 Casual or League Rounds as a Ranged Champion.
From 8:00 UTC August 7
To 8:00 UTC August 14
–Win 15 Casual or League Rounds as a Support Champion.
From 8:00 UTC August 14
To 8:00 UTC August 21
Pro League Chests Update
A new addition to the Pro League Chests Rewards: The Champion's Glider. I'm not much of a fan, but when I saw the image I couldn't but feel tempted.
Now, to the juicy part.
Apart from the previously discussed changes to M2 cooldowns and Weaken stacks, there were two new tweaks which surprised me:
Knockback directional influence added. Basically, if you are moving towards a direction as you get knockbacked, the system will calculate your arrival point depending on your movement speed and the direction to which you were moving. So, for example, if you are walking towards your opponent as you receive the CC, you will end up closer to them than without this addition. And on the other hand, if you are not moving when you get knockbacked, the CC will work as always.
Shielded incapacitated enemies will no longer remain incapacitated when they take damage to their shield. Made in order to get rid of some unorthodox situations where players would farm energy or weapon charges on these targets.
Now, to the Champion tweaks. Seeing as there were quite a few of them, I'll mention the ones which seemed most impactful:
"Bakko sees some power shuffled around in The Red Axe rite to emphasize building up more weapon charges, along with some of his less popular rites getting boosts. "
- The Red Axe (M2)
- Now heals for 2 in base and 2 for each charge as opposed to 4 in base and 1 per each charge
- Heroic Leap (Space)
- Now also increases radius by 10% (from 2.2 to 2.42)
- Adrenaline Rush (Space)
- Bonus damage increased from 9 to 10
- Now also requires hitting at least one enemy
- Adrenaline Slam (E)
- Bonus damage increased from 9 to 10
- Dizzying Dash (E)
- Snare factor increased from 20% to 25%
"Destiny’s Charge Bolt has the unique properties of having a variable cast time while inflicting a spellblock. She applies notable pressure to bait out defensive moves during the entire cast time, and even when used as an immediate interrupt it yields a long Silence. We are tweaking that aspect of the ability, forcing Destiny to pay more attention to the timing of her Charged Bolt in order to get the most value out of the Silence. Some of her strength against ranged champions will also be tempered due to the change to Plasma Wall, whereas the change to Plasma Accelerator is partly motivated by current technical limitations, but also makes her less oppressive against other champions that manipulate projectile speeds. "
- Transform Weapon (EX M1)
- Projectiles no longer pass through an enemy Alysia’s Ice Crown
- Charged Bolt (M2)
- Spell block duration reduced from 0.5s to 0.25s
- Silence Duration no longer static at 0.7s, now it instead relies on charge-up duration, with a minimum duration of 0.4s and a maximum duration of 0.8s
- Plasma Wall (E)
- Duration reduced from 2.5s to 2s
- System Shock (M2)
- Now increases maximum Silence Duration, as opposed to giving a flat 0.7s bonus duration.
- Plasma Accelerator (E)
- Will no longer accelerate allied projectiles that are already affected by projectile speed reduction from another source (Chronoflux, Pearl Bubble, Gale)
"Jamila managed to rise to prominence as aspects of her eventually became a bit over the top. Some of the raw output in her core kit will see adjustment along with toning down her most powerful rites. Along with this she gets tweaks to Stalking Phantom to increase the number of situations where it is useful, while still retaining clear elements of counter play. "
- Deadly Blow (R)
- Damage and healing reduced from 22 to 20
- Elusive Strike (Space)
- Max damage reduced from 18 to 16
- Shadow Dance (Q)
- Shadow Slice damage (M1 ability after counter is triggered) reduced from 14 to 12
- Stalking Phantom (F)
- The dash now triggers directional shields and counters. The subsequent attacks no longer trigger directional attacks, shields, and counters, instead they count as area attacks.
- After the dash: Damage per strike in each burst increased from 3 to 4, total amount of strikes reduced from 6 to 5 (total damage for each burst increased from 18 to 20).
- Now deals damage in a circle around itself, rather than in a cone in front of it.
- Taste of Blood (M2)
- Healing reduced from 8/10/12 to 8/9/10
- Quick Strike (Space)
- Range reduced from 3.5 to 3
- Attack range reduced from 2.4 to 2
- Hitting a target with Elusive Strike (Space) is now required to gain the recast, however as long as at least one target is successfully hit in the last dash, the recast will be granted.
- Momentum Strike (E)
- Bonus damage reduced from 3 to 2
- Go for the Throat (R)
- Bonus stun duration reduced from 0.5 to 0.35s (total stun duration going from 0.75s to 0.6s with the rite)
"More champions will now have a window where they can escape from Raigon’s Dragon Palm combos. The Riposte change means that there’s more to the mind game surrounding its use, as it is still vulnerable to counters and directional shields, but it does put Raigon in a more powerful position than before as there’s simply more options available to him. "
- Slicing Winds (EX M1)
- Healing increased from 12 to 14
- Heavenly Strike (Space)
- Damage radius reduced by 10% (2.5 to 2.25)
- Dragon Palm (R)
- Post wait time (the time before you are allowed to act after the ability has followed through) increased from 0.1s to 0.2s
- Wrath of the Tiger (F)
- Amount of strikes increased from 14 to 15, putting the total damage after dashing from 84 to 90.
- Riposte (Q)
- Now works as a recast, where you can recast Parry for up to 1.8s.
- Stun duration in the tooltip now describes the total stun duration (0.6s) instead of stun duration per strike like before (which was 0.3s). The stun duration has not been increased.
"Shifu’s playstyle requires him to have tools to stick to his opponents. However, the rite Swift Feet did more than simply giving Shifu sticking factor, it also made it even more difficult to pin down the already slippery old man. With the removal of Swift Feet and the reintroduction of Skewer, he still has means to stick to opponents, without more mobility being added to his kit. Additionally, Shifu gains a new rite that enhances offensive usage of Fleetfoot. "
- Impale (M2)
- Base damage increased from 9 to 10
- Tendon Swing (R)
- Cast time increased from 0.4s to 0.5s
- Damage increased from 9 to 12
- Skewer (Re-Added and Reworked Control Rite) (M2)
- Impale inflicts Fading Snare for 0.5s
- Increases duration by 0.2s per weapon charge
- Mantra (Q)
- Added to Basic Loadout, replacing Swift Feet
- Readied Offense (New Offense Rite) (Space)
- Hitting an enemy during Fleetfoot with Spear Slash grants you readiness when Fleetfoot ends
- Swift Feet (Space)
"It will now be easier to notice Taya winding up an X-Strike. Her strong ability to dish out damage has been slightly toned down, and she won’t be quite as elusive while running around anymore.
- Razer Boomerang (M1)
- No longer grants bonus damage (i.e damage reduced from 15 to 14) while Hasted (from Space)
- X-Strike (M2)
- Added sound effect
- Haste (Space)
- Haste factor reduced from 80% to 70%
- Cross Cut (M2)
- Bonus damage per individual boomerang reduced from 4 to 2 (still deals 4 bonus damage at the intersection)
- Dead Roots (F)
- Total damage over time increased from 56 to 64 (from 7 x 8 to 8 x 8)
- Lurker (Space)
- Now labeled as Mixed
- Whiplash (Q)
- Cast time reduced from 0.3s to 0.2s
- Global Cooldown and Post Cast time (the time before you are allowed to act after casting) reduced from 0.2s to 0.1s
- Sinister Sap (E)
- Now also increases healing by 2, with total healing from Entangling Roots going from 16 to 18
"After Ulric’s release, we moved him towards a direction where he shines as he’s protecting his teammates but struggles more in protecting himself. While this weakness is intentional, the new Divine Abundance rite gives him a way to sustain himself as long as he continues to work hard on protecting his teammates. "
- Holy Light (M2)
- Base cooldown increased from 5s to 5.5s
- Cooldown reduction per other alive player is 0.5s
- Enchanted Weapon (M1)
- Now also increases Stun duration by 0.2s on charged Hammer of Justice
- Divine Abundance (New Surival Rite) (M2)
- Holy Light heals you for 8 health when another ally affected by Favor is healed
- Penitence (Space)
- Bonus damage increased from 2 to 3
- Holy Shackles (E)
- Snare duration increased from 1s to 1.2s
- Holy Fire (E)
- Bonus (single target) damage increased from 4 to 6
- Arcane Shenanigans (M2)
- Range bonus increased from 10% to 15%
- Awestruck (M2)
- Fading Snare duration increased from 1.5s to 1.7s
- Phantasmagoria (Space)
- Bonus health increased from 10 to 12
- Late to the Show (Q)
- Fading Haste duration increased from 50% to 60%
- Lasting Form (E)
- Base bonus duration increased from 0.3s to 0.5s
- Bonus based on Arcane Catalyst reduced from 0.7s to 0.5s
And that's all! If you want to read about the minor tweaks, you can do it on the official Battlerite blog.