Digital Extremes, developer of the free-to-play hit Warframe, have given us a new update for Xbox One and PS4: “Chains of Harrow”.
Chains of Harrow will give players a brand new horror-themed quest, seeing you investigate a mysteriously abandoned Steel Meridian spacecraft that has been found adrift and players have to find out what happened onboard. The quest will appear in the codex for players who have completed The War Within and unlocked Mot in the void.
Aside from the horror themed quest, Chains of Harrow brings with it a number of extras.
- Play as Harrow: Harness the power of the Void to bolster allies’ defences and amplify their lethality with Lotus’ newest Warrior, Harrow, using four deadly abilities:
- Condemn – Cast a wave of energy that chains enemies where they stand. Each enemy held reinforces Harrow’s shields.
- Penance – Sacrifice shields to boost reload, and fire rate while converting damage inflicted on enemies into health for Harrow and nearby allies.
- Thurible – Channel Harrow’s energy into the Thurible to generate a buff. The more energy channelled, the longer the buff will last. Once finished, killing enemies will bestow nearby allies with bursts of energy. Headshots produce extra energy.
- Covenant – Protect nearby allies with an energy force that absorbs all damage and converts it to a Critical Chance bonus for all those under the Covenant. Headshots are amplified even further.
- Earth Remastered: Experience Earth like never before with the beautifully remastered Earth environments. Clash with Grineer amidst luscious vegetation and envelope your Warframe in the naturalistic lighting and a remastered soundscape. Visit any of the Earth Terrain Missions to experience this stunning overhaul.
- New Grineer Enemy: Nox is a new enemy that is part of the Elite Chem Strike Unit. Nox wields a toxin-filled heavy gun that shoots blobs of toxic goo that attach themselves to targets before exploding. Take out these gruesome enemies by shooting their glass helmets and exposing their deteriorating skin but beware of their final moments, as they explode into a lethal cloud.
The Harrow Tenno also comes with two new weapons; a pistol and a spear. When using the pistol, any headshot you make will increase your Critical Chance for a short period of time. Harrow’s spear blasts enemies with corrosive plasma or can be tossed to activate an energy field that will turn enemies into bullet magnets.
Chains of Harrow also comes with a bunch of cosmetic and minor changes to throwable melee weapons.
The Chains of Harrow update is live now on Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.