Stars of Icarus is a Roguelike Space Combat Game, combining Elements of Arcade style Shooters, Open-World-like Free Movement, Crafting and RPG Progression. It's a love letter to the Space Games of the 90s, like Star Control and Escape Velocity, re-imagined with "tough but fair" combat, based off of games like Dark Souls.
The Steam Greenlight trailer for Stars of Icarus:
Stars of Icarus – Steam Greenlight Trailer
- Physics-based Combat – use your Grav Gun to grab and throw objects and enemies and manipulate the battlefield
- Material Type Damage Modelling – Don't shoot blindly, think which weapons will do the most damage to a given enemy
- Combat AI – Enemies patrol in groups and attack smartly. See through their patterns and exploit their weakness
- Crafting and Item use – Plan, gather resources and craft appropriate items for battle, to give you the edge
- Multiple Upgrade Systems – Some systems boost your strength for one run, while others carry over into the future
- Multi-Part Enemies – Destroy your enemies Piece by Piece, targeting more vulnerable areas and avoiding heavy armor
The game will launch into Steam Early Access for PC and Mac in Early 2017.