is a British independent game studio founded by Russ Clarke to develop the ultimate exploration and combat game, TerraTech.
Previously of London's Ideaworks mobile studio, Payload Studios founder Russ Clarke left London’s Ideaworks mobile studio to go on his very own indie adventure in 2012.
The end result was Payload Studios, with Russ pulling in his experience from working on beloved franchises like Metal Gear, Call of Duty, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider and Fable to create the first prototype for TerraTech.
After spending some time working as a consultant he returned to the TerraTech prototype to turn his vision into a full blown indie project.
The game today started its life in late 2013 and has progressed rapidly – with the team also expanding at pace, now based in Hammersmith - moving through to a closed beta throughout the summer of 2014 and an open beta debut on Humble this November.
The next step is the launch on Early Access on 6th February 2015, building on the amass of community feedback garnered over the course of the last few months.
Team and repeating collaborators
- Russell Clarke - @_higekun Founder, Programmer
- Vincent Scheurer - Founder, Business Development
- Kris Skellorn - @KrisSkellorn Lead Designer
- Greg Moniz - @GregMoniz Technical Designer
- Chris Emmett - @tomo_cjt Lead Programmer
- John Brewer - @johnbrewer1980 Senior Programmer
- Jason Howard - @Dullmonotone Art Director
- Sai Wun Poon - @SaiWunPoon Producer
- Natalie Griffith - @NatlgPressSpace Communications (Freelance)
- Jamie Finch - @Jamie_Anavae Community Manager
- Katt Strike - @KattStrike Community Support