is a story-driven RPG with turn-based tactics and cards in which you lead an early medieval clan in its fight against nature and foes through a historical game world. Set in the seventh century AD you travel the North Sea - the whale road - to prepare for winter. Fight, trade and discover the story of your village and its heroes. Are you worthy to lead them to renown and riches?
Gameplay is split into two seasons. Winter to manage and plan for the year ahead and summer when you sail the whale road and visit other towns and villages. You and your warband have to fulfill a mission each year, while ensuring that you have sufficient food to feed everyone through the long months of winter.
Digitally hand-drawn locations are connected by an atmospheric side-scrolling sailing mode. Grid based tactical combat means Valhalla can be just a warcry card away.
- Playable storyline for the Danes from Úlfarrsted, a village on a small North Sea island just off the coast from the Danish-Saxon borderland.
- Part 1 of a story-driven campaign along the Danish, Saxon, Frisian and Frankish coast.
- Character missions for your chosen warriors.
- Four combat classes and associated warcry cards.
- Land and sea combat environments.
- Equip your characters with weapons and armour sets.
- A dynamic event system which covers all areas of medieval life from farming to family feuds.
- The second part of the Danish story.
- Playable storylines for other cultures: Northumbrians, Franks and Picts.
- Character abilities and afflictions.
- A smarter and harder AI.
- An enhanced trade system.
- Character progression and ship upgrades.
- More content: characters, warcries, missions, rumours and events.
- Mac and Linux versions.