When Isaac’s mother starts hearing the voice of God demanding a sacrifice be made to prove her faith, Isaac escapes into the basement facing droves of deranged enemies, lost brothers and sisters, his fears, and eventually his mother.
The Binding of Isaac is a randomly generated action RPG shooter with heavy Rogue-like elements. Following Isaac on his journey players will find bizarre treasures that change Isaac’s form giving him super human abilities and enabling him to fight off droves of mysterious creatures, discover secrets and fight his way to safety.
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth is the massively updated expansion to 2014's roguelike of the year, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. Following Isaac one more time on his journey players will find bizarre treasures that change Isaac’s form giving him super human abilities and enabling him to fight off droves of mysterious creatures, discover secrets and fight his way to safety.
This time, nothing is sacred.
- Over 100 hours of MORE gameplay
- Greed Mode - a whole new way to play, focused on risk/reward
- Expanded main game - a new final area with a new final boss
- Daily Runs – play a new official run, everyday!
- Online Leaderboards - compete for highscore/best time
- 10 totally new and awesome challenges!
- 1000+ new room designs, as well as room
- MONSTROUSLY UPDATED WEAPON COMBO SYSTEM!
- 120 new items--not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs and cards--taking the item count up beyond 500!
- Alternate soundtrack!
- Tons of new secret transformations!
- MOAR new achievements
Uber secrets including:
- Lilith, mother of demons, a totally new playable character
- 4 new alternate chapters with new enemy types and visual themes
- Revised seed code combo system and new special seeds
- 100+ enemies, with new designs
- 8 new bosses
- Even more rooms FULL OF POOP!
- and probably at least 5 other features we can’t remember due to all the crap that we threw into this little monster