is a gothic puzzle-combat platformer with gore galore, putting a strategic twist on the classic hack and slash games of the ‘80s and ‘90s.’
Prepare to be Slain! Will you accept the challenge...
Players control Bathoryn, a hero in a Gothic world, seeking to liberate the 6 great towers from 6 deadly overlords.
Bathoryn must battle his way through a doomed land packed with gruesome pixel art foes before ascending (or sometimes descending) each tower, defeating puzzles, traps and monsters alike. At the heart of each tower, he must confront a mighty overlord. Defeat it and Bathoryn’s quest continues. Fail, and you’ll die gruesomely – mauled by werewolves, disintegrated by floating monstrosities, squashed by great weights or torn apart by hidden blades. And you will fail…
There are 3 key areas to be mastered in order to beat Slain! The order of Slain! goes as follows...
Learn to wield 3 deadly elemental weapons, each one exploiting weaknesses in different enemy types. Each weapon has a different combo, timing and 'ideal' use. Mastering quick switching between weapons is the key to success!
Learn placement and timings of enemies and traps
Generate, conserve and use your mana wisely
Accompanied by the heavy metal visuals is an even heavier metal soundtrack recorded by Curt Victor Bryant (formally of Celtic Frost).
- Unique puzzle-combat with non linear progression.
- 10+(?) hours of bone-crushing, metal fueled mayhem & gore.
- Choose from 3 unique weapons in your fight against the demon horde.
- Full soundtrack recorded by Curt Victor Bryant formally of Celtic Frost.
- Secrets (shhh).
- Boss fights, mini-boss fights, sub-mini-boss fights, macro-sub-mini-boss fights!
- No leveling, no grinding, no crafting!