This legendary battle of World War II took place from October 1941 to April 1942. The Battle of Moscow campaign takes place on a large-scale map (270 km x 290 km) (168 mi. x 180 mi.) with Autumn and Winter seasonal terrain. Battle of Moscow comes with eight legendary aircraft which have been painstakingly recreated for you to enjoy flying.
The airfields and flight strips along with their structures have been placed according to historical documents whenever such data was available. We analyzed air reconnaissance photos and personal photographs of the period to determine the typical airfield layout and their unique designs. As it was back then, there are concrete and unpaved landing strips, many being temporary grass strips with no other visible signs other than a little infrastructure and support personnel.
There are five big towns in the area (in addition to Moscow itself which is visible, but overflights are prohibited by order of Marshall Stalin). Cities such as Vyazma, Rzhev, Kalinin, Klin and Serpukhov are all part of the game space and they were made in great detail thanks to the new mapping technology. The cities and towns were created using WWII aerial imagery, so their layouts are correct for 1941.
- Eight (8) aircraft recreated from detailed drawings and blueprints: four fighters (I-16 Type 24, Bf-109 E-7, MiG-3 and Bf-109 F-2), two ground attack planes (IL-2 model 1941 and Bf-110 E-2) and two bombers (Pe-2 Series 35 and Ju-88 A-4).
- A new Campaign consisting of five (5) chapters covering all phases of the Moscow battle.
- Ten (10) specially designed scenario missions included with an unlimited number of auto-generated sorties available.
- Fighter Sweep, Ground Attack and Bomber Escort mission types available.
- Pilot Rank Progression.
- Special Medals and Awards.