is a story-driven exploration game rich with puzzles and designed to be a singular VR adventure with beautiful graphics and an atmospheric electronic soundtrack.
The main character lands his spacecraft on an alien planet in order to replenish the supplies lost due to a technical malfunction. A seemingly easy task turns out to be more and more complicated as it turns out that all citizens of the planet have disappeared in mysterious circumstances. The character has to deal with a series of puzzles designed specifically for Oculus Rift, and make some decisions that will help him understand what has happened to the dwellers of the planet. Those decisions can also have an impact on their future and directly influence their lives.
The authors of ALICE VR use the powerful tool, which is Unreal Engine 4, in order to create credible and ravishingly beautiful game world. During the adventure, the player takes the journey through visually distinct locations, among which are futuristic interiors of the spacecraft and ancient-like city established by an alien civilization.
Alice VR is a fresh take on the classic adventures of Alice in Wonderland. During your playthrough you'll meet familiar characters such as Cheshire Cat or Mad Hatter, but the unique sci-fi setting will make every encounter a big surprise.
The idea of the game was originally created when Carbon Studio took part in a competition VR JAM organized by Oculus Rift and Unity. The studio prepared a short exploration game A.L.I.C.E. dedicated to Samsung Gear VR. After reaching the final stage of the competition and receiving lots of positive responses, Carbon Studio have decided to develop the idea of A.L.I.C.E even further, and a new game, ALICE VR, has been announced.
Alice VR works on Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and is also compatible with Razer OSVR. Traditional controllers are supported on Oculus, while both them and motion controllers work on Vive.
The game is designed to be the most comfortable VR experience possible. After a lot of research and discussions with gamers, we've learned how to make the game enjoyable even for players new to VR. We want you to feel relaxed through your entire playthrough.
Alice VR also works on a regular monitor, without a VR headset.
- Tailor-made for VR from the ground up - no compromises!
- Puzzles inspired by Alice in Wonderland (growing/shrinking etc.)
- Over 60 puzzles just waiting to be solved
- Graphic powered by Unreal Engine 4
- Futuristic graphics and electronic ambient soundtrack composed by the masters of the genre, EON Sounds
- The history of missing citizens that changes while player unravels it
- Gripping story with multiple endings that lets you choose your own path
- Use the changing gravity to walk on walls and ceilings, play with shrinking and growing devices, and have fun with the physics of the world of Alice VR