The game was released 2 days ago. Are there many bugs? What about "labor pains"? Is the game ready to play for all of us?
There were 2 updates and most of them are fixing small problems. Which is only good because Gamma phase was in the end very problematic. But we must say that there's nothing better than to prepare everything before the game's launch.
Removed "Elite: Dangerous 220.127.116.11" version text
Fix one cause of infrequent disconnections during hyperspace when server load is high
Fix an infrequent system map crash related to data associated with specific systems
Fix some debug strings being shown in slave-related mission descriptions
Fix some ambiguous galaxy data in a small number of regions
Fix two different very rare networking crashes
Diagnostics to help track down one cause of disconnections following server island migration
Diagnostics to help understand some graphics memory allocation failures
Diagnostics to help track down systems with possibly inconsistent minor faction data
Diagnostics to help understand if some bounties aren't being awarded
- Allow text chat to function for any voice comms member, not just for friends
- Fix for a rare crash when scanning unexplored systems
- Fix for a rare crash during networked combat
- Fix for a very rare crash in or near starports and outposts
- Fix for a very rare crash after migrating servers on network island changes
- Corrections to some mission descriptions
- Corrections to some galaxy data in rarely visited systems
- Extend a time-out that occasionally triggers a disconnect during hyperspace
- Extend some previously added diagnostics to further refine the data gathered
And there are some server-side changes, too:
- After yet another discussion with the rare commodity producers, Commanders should now be eligible to only purchase rare goods up to their own personal allocation, instead of buying everybody else's ration as well.
- Universal Cartographics has issued a new purchasing policy, so Commanders exploring supermassive stellar bodies should no longer receive supermassive payouts.
- Tune matchmaking to significantly improve the chances of meeting other Commanders in space
But what about the quality of Elite: Dangerous? We have published one preview (look at the right side of the article). More reviews are still on the way and most of the critics are not out yet. However metacritic from more than 450 users are giving the game score which is not bad. Not at all.
7.7 / 10
The game seems to rise to its predecessor's quality and proudly continues on its cruise thoroughout the Universe.